"Mountainview Farm" is true to its name sited on a peaceful hilltop surrounded by lush rolling hills and spectacular mountain views. Tucked in the foothills of the Blue Ridge mountains, this 58+ acre estate is not far from the historic villages of The Plains, Marshall, and Middleburg. The property is anchored by an extraordinary 8,000+ square foot custom built brick home with 4 bedrooms architecturally designed to blend the beauty of nature with stylish living spaces. The perfect home for entertaining small gatherings or major social events as there is an easy flow throughout the home with a large open deck that spans the back of the house.
Bring your horses! The property is half open and half wooded with excellent ride out. The front open fields offer an excellent location for a barn, riding ring and/or paddocks. A possible separate driveway could be brought in off Enon Church Road. The Warrenton Hunt goes in the back of the property where there are lots of trails.
Watch the video tour #2
- Enter the two-story front foyer and be greeted with warmth and sophistication through marble flooring and a curved staircase. All the rooms are of generous proportion and feature high ceilings, intricate moldings, chair railing and radiant heated floors on the main level. Off the foyer is the formal dining room with a tray ceiling and a large picture window showcasing the extraordinary mountain views. A wide center hall leads to the gourmet kitchen with Saltillo tile flooring, high-end stainless-steel appliances, island with a sink, a breakfast area with built-ins and a desk, and a unique octagonal sunroom. Off the kitchen is the butler’s pantry, the back stairs to the 2nd level and the mudroom/laundry that lead to a breezeway to the 3-car oversized garage.
- Other rooms on the main level include the spacious formal living room with beamed ceilings, fieldstone fireplace and a wall of windows taking in the rear sweeping views. French doors access the rear deck. Continue towards the main level primary bedroom suite and pass the library with pocket doors, fireplace and access to the rear deck. Opposite the library is a separate home office with custom built-in cherry cabinetry and windows taking in the southern mountain views.
- One end of the house is dominated by the primary suite with a spacious bedroom with stunning pastoral and mountain views, vaulted ceiling, a sitting area and brick fireplace. Walk towards the luxury primary bath passed large walk-in closets with a dressing area with built-ins. Continue into the spacious primary bathroom with large bay window, dual vanities, whirlpool soaking tub, tiled stall shower, custom cherry cabinetry, marble, and separate toilet area.
- On the second level are three guest bedroom suites each with their own bath and two with walk-in closets. A stairwell leads to the unfinished 3rd floor ideal for storage, but is plumbed for a bath, so it can be finished if needed.
- The walk-out lower level includes a large Family Room with a fieldstone fireplace, wet bar with built-ins, and a wall of windows providing access to the covered lower terrace. Off this room is the Game Room with a full bath and access to the walk-out terrace. A large storage and mechanical room with workshop space completes this level.
- Bring your horses! The open land provides excellent options for a barn, paddocks and/or a ring. At the front of the property is a one-acre spring fed pond. Just passed the main house, a farm road leads to the back of the property which features many walking trails and two branches of a creek. Tucked in amongst other large farms, this area offers great ride out and is located within the Warrenton Hunt territory. An ideal commuter location just minutes to I-66, 40 minutes to Dulles Int'l Airport and 1 hour to downtown Washington DC. Visit area wineries, enjoy annual events just across Route 17 at Great Meadow, or hike the Appalachian Trail at nearby Sky Meadows State Park.
Horse Facility Features
- Surrounded by horse properties, it would not be hard to make this 58+ acres into an equestrian's dream. There are ample open fields where a barn, riding ring and/or paddocks could be built.
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
8052 Enon Church Rd, The Plains, Fauquier County, Virginia