Welcome to Wingshooting Paradise in southeast Saline County, Kansas. Located in the heart of America, this property truly has everything you could ever want. Thinking about making a lifestyle change that includes peacefulness and tranquility? If so, you don't have to look any further. This property will provide you with the opportunity to dream big and make memories with family and friends that will last a lifetime.
The property is located about 20 miles southeast of Salina and 20 miles southwest of Abilene. Salina is a regional hub and a small city of about 50,000 people. Salina offers just about everything you can think of including: industry/business, medical facilities, education and the arts, featuring the historic Stiefel Theatre. Salina also has a regional airport with daily flights to Denver. Abilene, the boyhood home of former President Dwight D. Eisenhower is known for its Presidential Library. Interstate 70 and Interstate 35 are both within reasonable driving distance of the property making trips to Wichita or Kansas City a breeze.
- A magnificent home with nearly 11,000 square feet of finished living space is the centerpiece of the property. The home consists of 4 bedrooms, 4 full bathrooms and 3 half bathrooms. The master suite is very spacious and includes a massive closet, walk-in shower, a sitting area along with a screened in porch just off of the master bedroom. The Great Room is simply breathtaking! It has a beautiful stone fireplace and vaulted wooden ceiling. The gourmet kitchen is highlighted by a large island that has a stainless steel top, a sink and lots of storage space underneath. It also features expansive granite countertops and professional grade stainless steel appliances. To meet all of your entertainment needs, the appliances include a Sub-Zero fridge, large double oven with a six gas burner range, two dishwashers, ice maker and warming oven. A large 10x10ft walk-in pantry is located just off of the kitchen. The main level also has a formal dining room, an office and a sizable 15×15 ½ ft laundry room.
- The fully finished lower level includes a kitchenette, movie theatre room, entertainment room with pool table, wet bar complete with a wine keeper. It has an exercise room that could also be used as a fifth bedroom. The lower level has another large room that the owner currently uses for dog grooming (has many other possibilities). There is also a safe room for use during storms if needed. The entire home is set up perfectly for entertaining guests, family or even hunters if it was used as a lodge.
- There is a four car attached garage along with a concrete circle driveway. The home is on rural water, propane and a septic system. The home also has a home management/sound system, programmable lighting system, security system and fiber optic internet service.
- This property features 929 +/- acres of the most unique and diverse hunting and recreational land in the region. Not only is the land great for recreation but also has the ability to generate a good amount of income from the cropland and pasture acres.
- From a recreational standpoint, this property is world class. Words or even photos don’t do this property justice. This property offers tremendous hunting and recreational opportunities no matter what season it is. Hundreds of cedar trees have been strategically planted throughout the property creating travel corridors, loafing cover and amazing habit for all species of wildlife. The rows of mature cedars are surrounded by established food plots. The owner plants a variety of crops in these plots such as wheat, milo, and clover. They make a great food source and offer extra cover for wildlife. Additional plots have also been planted in certain areas of the property to enhance privacy and seclusion. The ultimate habitat has been created for upland birds. If you like to hunt pheasant and quail or you need an awesome property to train bird dogs, it doesn’t get much better than Wingshooting Paradise. The deer hunting on this property is phenomenal as well. Proof of that is on the wall of the entertainment room in the house! The place has everything needed (food, water, cover, and plenty of territory) for growing and holding giant Kansas whitetails.
- The ponds and water sources located throughout the property truly make this a special place especially during migration periods. Ducks and geese come through and land on the ponds by the thousands. The current owner has not allowed any waterfowl hunting in many years. The property also offers tremendous fishing opportunities. The large watershed east of the house is stocked with bass and bluegill.
- The property includes 85 +/- acres of cropland and roughly 235 +/- acres of pasture. A good portion of the acreage is cut for hay. The owner usually gets around 600 round bales per year.
- A John Deere 4440 tractor and a number of implements will be sold with the property.
- Seller is believed to own 100% of the mineral rights and they will transfer to the buyer at closing.
- There is a 40×70 ft shop that is insulated and has a full concrete floor. The south side of the shop encompasses kennels and runs large enough for eight dogs. The kennel area has heated concrete floors and stays very cool with fans in the summertime. Each kennel has an automatic watering system. There is a 3 acre pasture located adjacent to the kennels so the dogs can get their daily exercise.
- The property also features a 40×70 ft sport court located just behind the house. The court has a synthetic surface and is great for playing basketball and tennis.
Horse Facility Features
- For the horse enthusiasts, the property includes a well manicured riding area that measures 120×240 ft. It also includes a 50 ft round pen for training horses along with a loafing shed and corral that is connected to a 40 acre horse pasture. The horse pasture has a pond and good fencing.
- If you have any questions about this once in a lifetime property please contact me today. Financial verification must be provided before a showing can be scheduled. Shown by private appointment only!
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
10700-10742 E Water Well Rd, Gypsum, Saline County, Kansas