Less than an hour’s drive from Houston, the incomparable Broad Oaks Ranch in Hempstead, TX includes 1,230+/- acres of 3.5 miles of Brazos River frontage with beaches, several ponds, 8+ acre stocked fishing lake, 5 water wells, improved/extensive open pastures with native Pecan trees/Mixed Oak and Mesquite trees, and thick woods providing natural habitat for wildlife. A truly unequaled high-fence hunting ranch with white tail deer, exotics, waterfowl and upland game birds. Exquisitely appointed 4 bedroom/6 full-bath/2 half-bath main house with outdoor fire pit/oversized heated pool/ infinity edge/water features/hot tub, handsomely designed for entertaining. Beautifully remodeled 3 bedroom/3 bath guest house. Barndominium for entertaining with 6 bedrooms, spacious living areas and kitchen. 8-stall horse barn with office/conference room/workshop. 2 bedroom overflow cabin. All appointed with great attention to detail, fabulous millwork and exceptional stonework.
- 1st Floor Primary Suite
- 2 Primary Suites
- Wine Room
- Game Room
- Outdoor Covered Living Area
- Summer Kitchen
- Swimming Pool
- 3 Bed/3 Bath Guest House
- 10-Car Garage Entertaining Area with 6 Beds/7.5 Baths
- 2 Bedroom Overflow Cabin
- Ranch Manager House
- -Approximately half of the ranch is located out of the floodplain with rolling hills covered in large oaks. The river bottom is a mix of open, improved pastures and thick woods dominated by hundreds of Pecan trees and massive Cottonwoods along the river. Most of the river frontage is accessible and there are multiple large sand beaches, a unique feature to have extensive access points along the river. Property along the river is thickly wooded and excellent habitat for wildlife. The bottomland adjacent to the river is a mix of improved pastures, native Pecan groves, and mixed Oaks and Mesquite trees.
- -The higher country is a mix of improved hay pastures and wooded areas predominantly populated by large oaks. There are plenty of thick areas left for wildlife in this area as well.
- -The ranch is set up as a fantastic hunting ranch. The entire ranch is high-fenced and has several different high-fenced pastures. Improved genetics have been introduced and the ranch carries tremendous trophy white-tails and includes multiple exotics such as black buck, oryx, addax, buffalo, red lechwe, waterbucks, and Pere Davids. Two wetland units have been developed for excellent duck hunting and both units have water wells that pipe water to the units for full control. Waterfowl hunting is excellent within the Brazos River valley and is a major flyway for ducks. This area is also known for holding good dove numbers. Several fields are planted for doves on the ranch every year. Plenty of hogs and several blinds are kept outside the high fence area along the river for less controlled hunting opportunities.
- -Surface water on this ranch includes approximately 3.5 miles of Brazos River frontage and an 8+ acre stocked fishing lake found at the main house. The lake is a well-managed trophy bass lake and has bluegill and crappie. Five water wells on the property serve the multiple homes and cattle/wildlife water troughs. There are also two large-volume water wells that are used for maintaining the fishing lake, providing water for the wetland units, and irrigation of the hay fields. Significant underground piping has been done throughout the ranch.
- -The Seller does own some of the mineral estate and will consider selling with a proper offer. There is no production on the ranch.
- -The ranch runs a small herd of cattle that are rotated through numerous pastures. There are also several hay fields growing primarily coastal. Water wells were drilled to allow for irrigating with irrigation guns when needed.
- -A study done on the property showed extensive gravel deposits that could one day be mined should an owner wish to pursue them.
- -This ranch is also the site of one of the first Plantations in Texas, Bernardo Plantation which was settled from one of the original Austin 300. It was also the staging area for Houston’s troops prior to the Battle of San Jacinto.
- 27 miles
- 6 miles
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
21735 FM 1887, Hempstead, Waller County, Texas