La Cuesta Encantada
Kerrville, Kerr County, Texas
Discover the epitome of luxury ranch living with this exceptional 120+/- acre live-water estate in the heart of the Texas Hill Country. Aptly named, La Cuesta Encantada is located in central Kerr county just 15 minutes from historic downtown Kerrville, and offers an unparalleled combination of convenience and natural beauty.
With a wildlife exemption already in place, this property offers an extraordinary opportunity for observing and experiencing abundant wildlife. Whether you seek relaxation, outdoor adventures, or a retreat from city life, you’ll want to embrace the enchantment of this remarkable ranch and create a legacy of memories in this idyllic Texas Hill Country setting.
Boasting over 1,300 feet of both sides of tranquil Bushwhack Creek, this ranch offers breathtaking live-water features and numerous recreation opportunities. Immerse yourself in the beauty of the deep, clear waters, perfect for swimming, canoeing/kayaking, or fishing. The creek’s dam and flowing spillway create a picturesque backdrop visible from the expansive windows of the 5,000 square foot main ranch home.
This property showcases dramatic topography, offering both hilltop vistas and flat, usable pasture land. Experience 200 feet of elevation change as you explore the diverse terrain. The stunning views and peaceful sound of falling water will leave you in awe, while the numerous tree and plant species scattered throughout the ranch add to its natural allure.
The main residence, tastefully updated and meticulously maintained, features spacious rooms and an abundance of natural light, taking full advantage of the strategic build site with each main room affording serene views of the park-like lawn and creek. Additionally, a charming guest home, originally built in the 1950s and nicely updated, provides a cozy and private retreat for your visitors.
- 120 +/- acres
- 1,320 feet of live water Bushwhack Creek flows through the center of the property
- Water depth upstream of the dam varies from approximately 4’ to 8’
- Cement-capped dam with 8’ spillway which flows consistently unless in severe drought
- 200 feet of elevation drop from dramatic hilltops (1,940 elv) to lush creek plain (1,740 elv)
- Electronic gated entrance
- Approximately 70 acres of flatter pasture with scattered trees
- Approximately 50 acres of heavily wooded hills and valley
- Seasonal creek flows through the valley between the 2 large hills
- Pastures have been periodically strip-mowed on a 3-year rotation for grass optimization
- Strategic clearing has been done through the years to maximize habitat
- UTV trail system for navigating the hills, with multiple improved camping sites
- Chip-seal roads throughout
- Perimeter is game fenced, with multiple interior low cross fences
- Wildlife exemption in place via erosion control, cedar management, habitat creation/management, grazing control for native grasses, and native tree propagation
, Whitetail Properties