Welcome To Marlborough Circa 1835. An Equestrian 38.50 Acre Gem Located In Historic Bruington. Modified And Expanded In 1851 In The Greek Revival Style Complimented By Large Columns At Front Entrance. Recent Renovations And Additions Were Completed By Current Owner Allowing For Modern Convenience While Maintaining It's Historic Features, Details And Character. Marlborough Offers Graciously Appointed Rooms Featuring A Large Formal Dining Room W/ FP, Formal Parlor W/ Built-Ins, A Fully Renovated Eat-In Kitchen W/ Granite, Stainless Appliances. Luxurious 1st Floor Primary Ensuite W/ Sitting Room. Home Boasts Original Wood And Brick Flooring. Second Floor-4 Additional Bedrooms And Full Bath. The English Basement Offers 6th Bedroom, Keeping Room And Family Room-Each W/ FP. The Property Boasts A Two Story Barn W/Heated/Cooled Shop, Loft, 1/2 Bath. Interior And Exterior Stalls, Run-In Sheds W/ Fans, Three Paddocks And Riding Ring. Garage Wired For EV. Whole Farm Generator, Pond, Home Is Sprinklered And Offers Full Farm Video-Security System. Featured On 2005 VA Historic Garden Week Tour. New Roof 2021. Recent Painted Exterior. Deck And Stone Patio. Security Code-Gated Rear Entrance. An Additional 98 Acres Available.
Watch the video tour #1
Watch the video tour #2
- Marlborough was purchased in 1996 by the current owner who has completed extensive restorations, renovations, all the while preserving the character of the original house. The home now includes modern conveniences that allows for comfortable family living and entertaining but boasts elegant and gracious touches that compliment the history of the home. Marlborough was one of the first homes, in the County, to boast a wallpapered foyer and a central heating system. It still contains the original closed string stairway, in the rear foyer, only one of a few found in King and Queen County. Details include grand entry way, original wood flooring, extensive and decorative moldings, six fireplaces, updated kitchen and bathrooms including fixtures, first floor primary bedroom with luxurious ensuite which includes three dressing stations/sitting room, two walk-in closets, separate tub and shower, spiral staircase to exercise room, original built-in china cabinet in dining room, built-ins in parlor, six large bedrooms, three full baths, scullery with sink, full English basement with brick flooring, keeping room, family room, bedroom with full ensuite and two fireplaces. Central vacuum system. Interior fire sprinkler system. All farm video-security system. Newer roof. Freshly painted exterior. New electric instant, tankless hot water heater. Large side deck. Stone patio. Artesian well. Whole farm generator. Detached brick garage with EV charger. Three geothermal heat pumps. Rear security gate with coded entry.
- Sited at the end of a private entranceway. This historic, country estate offers beautiful pastoral vistas. The first thing you will notice is the tranquil setting. The location affords quiet evenings as you walk the grounds and property. Imagine the trail rides you will enjoy on your 38.5 acres through open fields, wooded areas and country lanes. Enjoy the pond view from the rear entrance to Marlborough or pack a picnic and enjoy sitting by the pond at the end of a ride. There are also electrical outlets at the pond. Water and electricity are run throughout the farm. Your horses will be secure and well protected by all farm video-security and the rear entrance to the farm is protected by a coded access gate. For the hunter's enjoyment, the property offers all forms of wildlife including, deer, turkey, dove and quail. Grab a pole and catch a Bass from the pond. Additional 98 Acres Available.
Horse Facility Features
- Marlborough boasts an amazing equestrian estate featuring a two story 11,000+ square foot metal barn. First floor of the barn offers 8* stalls with room for expansion. The stalls are well ventilated and 5 of the stalls are a roomy 16 x 16.
- Also on first floor of barn you will find a Farm Managers Office/Workshop which is heated and cooled. The workshop contains New Age cabinetry, tack area and a half bath.
- Second story of the barn offers two loft areas. Plenty of room for hay and grain storage.
- Property Offers 5 exterior stalls and 3 run in sheds with fans. Three large 4 board paddocks and a riding ring. Water and electricity are easily accessible throughout the property for feeding and watering.
- 38.50 acres completes the estate..which can be expanded to 136.50 acres.
- 14 miles
- 10 miles
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
1070 Marlborough Rd, Bruington, King and Queen County, Virginia