BIG VIEW FARM - NAME SAYS IT ALL. While sitting on the front porch of your home soak up the view of the 2 acre manicured lake as part of your front yard and be transformed by the incredible sunsets. Enjoy the view of the horses across the lake grazing in the green grass, outlined by the black fence, with the Equestrian Barn centered in the property.
It seems only yesterday I was 16 years old dreaming of the life that lay before me. A couple of blinks of the eye and here I am reminiscing over what life brought my wife and I as we turn the corner on 74 years, and 54 of those years as a married couple. We are entering the twilight of our years and have reached the stage where we understand the meaning of ‘downsizing’.
We bought the property in 1976 and began clearing the land where we would later build our home. We built our home in 1977 and in the following years we added the lake, the pool, the patio and arbor, the shop, the greenhouse and the 29,000 square foot equestrian center - the barn.
Truly, country living at its best!
Even though it is the epitome of country living, it is only 6 miles from the quaint city of Laurel, Mississippi, made popular in recent years by the TV program HGTV-Hometown. In fact, Easter Sunday 2021 my son Robby and his wife Angie were featured on the show and the barn I am describing was in a couple of scenes. Laurel is rich in history with the creativity to maintain that history while encouraging growth and prosperity.
Big View Farm is also only 7 miles to I-59 and 27 miles to Hattiesburg-Laurel Regional Airport (PIB).
My desire is that Big View Farm will give you and your family as much love, comfort, peace and joy as it has given us these past 45 years.
Watch the video tour #2
- * 2,607 square ft heated and cooled and 3,918 square ft under roof.
- * 4 bedrooms and 2 full baths.
- * Front porch overlooks beautiful 2 acre lake.
- * Kitchen island.
- * Updated granite countertops and new sinks.
- * Updated appliances.
- * Luxurious travertine natural stone flooring (2’X2’) throughout entire house and the glass enclosed back porch.
- * Energy efficient windows installed in 2011.
- * Updated exterior siding in 2017.
- * 20’X40’ in-ground swimming pool with slide and steps.
- * Large patio (2,000 sq.’) with 12” square slate stone.
- * Beautiful 12’X36’ covered Arbor joining pool patio.
- * Glassed enclosed back porch/sunroom.
- * Insulated shop. 24’X32’, 10’ garage door, 16’ open shed attached to rear of shop.
- * Green house. 16’X32’ with fans, heater (Propane), and lighting.
- * 2 acre lake in front of home stocked with bass, bream and catfish.
- * Great vegetable garden spot with irrigation.
- * Water well for keeping pond at desired level and for watering vegetable garden.
- * Farm sits on 50 beautiful acres of rolling hills, pastures, wooded area with creek running through it.
- * 29,000 square ft. Red-Iron Steel beam Equestrian facility.
- * Stunning black fence outlining pastures. Fenced and cross fenced.
- * Mature, lush landscaping and flower beds.
- * 2 acre lake stocked with bass, bream and catfish.
- * Vegetable garden spot with irrigation system.
- * Water well for keeping lake at desired level and garden irrigation.
- * Beautiful 3,000 sq.’ 4 bedroom, 2 bath home.
- * In ground swimming pool.
- * Shop.
- * Greenhouse.
- * Garden spot with irrigation.
Horse Facility Features
- The Equestrian facility (Barn) is the center of the farm by design.
- * 105’ X 200’ with an attached 23’ shed around the back 100’ of the barn.
- * Front half of barn (105’ X 100’) contains:
- * 12’X12’ office (heat and a/c)
- * 12’X12’ feed room
- * 12’X12’ tack room
- * Bunk room/apartment with heat and a/c, complete kitchen (with stove, refrigerator, microwave), bathroom, shower, bedroom/living room, large sliding glass window looking into the enclosed riding arena.
- * Wash rack - 12’X12’X12’ high.
- * Wash rack with Vet stock - 12’X12’X12’ high.
- * Eight 12’X12’ stalls with Priefert stall front.
- * Stalls, wash rack, and vet rack walls are 4” thick solid concrete slabs with rebar reinforcement rods welded inside. All stalls have a heavy duty 6” PVC drain pipe in the center of each stall enabling wash down and disinfecting with ease. All stalls are padded.
- * Continuous hot water system for grooming animals in cold weather.
- * Larger 16’X24’ stall for special situations.
- * 16’X60’ area for horse or cattle trailer.
- * Iron wood burning stove/fireplace with sitting area.
- * 20’ hall separating the 4 stalls on each side.
- * 45’X100’ area for hay, equipment, shavings, etc.
- * Back half of Barn (105’X100’) contains the indoor lighted riding/training arena. Attached to the back half of the barn is a 23’ shed on the sides and rear of the barn. The arena is bordered by 3” and 4” heavy duty drill pipe.
- The barn is designed with a 7 acre pasture connecting the left shed of the arena; an 8 acre pasture connecting the back shed of the arena; and a 15 acre pasture connecting the right shed of the arena. This makes it very easy for switching pastures.
- All pastures are enclosed by a 5’ fence, constructed with 4”X6” treated posts 8’ apart, 5’ tall 2”X2” non-climbing net wire with a 1”X6” treated board at the top, center and bottom of fence. The fence is painted black and outlines the property beautifully. There is also X bracing every 100’ for stability as well as beauty. The pastures are planted with Sumrall 007 Bermuda grass. The other acreage is enjoyed while horseback riding or fishing or relaxing on walking trails or areas for sitting - reflecting and meditating.
- 7 miles
- 6 miles
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
46 Big View Dr, Laurel, Jones County, Mississippi