LIMESTONE MOUNTAIN RANCH - HORSES, CATTLE, RECREATION
Big Lake Ranch, Cariboo County, British Columbia
PRICE: $2,499,000 CAD
Cattle ranch, horse facility, wildlife haven, and recreational paradise, all rolled into one premiere, trophy property located in Big Lake, B.C., a short one-hour flight and 30-minute drive from Vancouver, British Columbia.
1415 Acres across 11 legal land titles create one contiguous ranch property sporting open panoramic views towards the majestic Cariboo Mountains, fertile hay-lands, rolling hills, woodlands, open meadows, and a private 50-acre spring-fed recreational lake stocked with rainbow trout.
The Ranch has been immaculately maintained by one family for over 25 years, with considerable care towards long term responsible stewardship of the land. It presents diverse opportunities to privately enjoy its vast facilities and natural endowments or to grow them into a broader commercial enterprise. It is a uniquely spectacular property in every regard. It radiates pride of ownership and is unparalleled by any other ranch, horse, or recreational property on the market in British Columbia.
FACILITIES & INFRASTRUCTURE: Heritage-style 2000 sq. ft. Manager’s house, 2 lakeside cabins, highly finished craftsman-style breeding barn, 2 machine shops, 2 tack rooms, calving shed, equipment sheds, hay storage, loafing sheds, boat house, various outbuildings (including for pigs and chickens), horse corrals, round pen, sorting corrals, docks, excellent roads throughout, year-round livestock waterers, fencing and cross-fencing.
BRIGHTEN LAKE: Private 50-acre recreational playground with dock and boathouse, overlooked by two timber-frame cottages. Spring-fed and stocked with healthy rainbow trout up to 5 pounds. Lake is alive with fresh-water shrimp and is a sanctuary for diverse nesting waterfowl and migrant birdlife.
• 11 deeded parcels, 100% freehold ownership
• No satellite properties, No lease lands
• Just one consolidated “Home Ranch” (very unusual)!
• Supports 175-200 cow/calf pairs all under fence
• Cattle sorting facilities and all-season in-ground waterers
• Excellent road access and excellent roads throughout
• Calving barn, Equipment Sheds, Machine Shop
• Facilities support a full-scale breeding operation
• Craftsman-style 6 stall breeding barn
• Office, tack and medic room
• Round ring, riding ring, corrals, 2nd tack room
• Paddocks with loafing sheds & pasturing areas
• Miles of scenic trails through various terrain
• 325 acres in immaculately maintained hayfields
• 550-600 tons of hay/annum
• Many fields recently seeded & fertilized
• Hay storage & equipment storage
• Outbuildings support pigs and chickens
• Farm Equipment available - information upon request
• Fly-fishing - trout up to 5 pounds from your own private lake
• Swimming, boating, kayaking, windsurfing, paddle boarding
• Horseback riding through miles of established trail
• ATVing, hiking, and off-road biking through miles of established trail
• Nature watching/Photography
• Winter Sports: Ice Fishing, Snowmobiling, Snow-shoeing, Cross Country Skiing
ADVENTURE & ECO TOURISM
• South facing, low bank beach access to private recreational lake
• Two existing cabins and endless potential sites for further development
• Many lake view and mountain view sites campsite locations
• Space for recreational vehicles
• Corals, Paddocks & Stabling for guest horses
• Miles of trail for exploration by horseback, ATV, mountain biking, etc.
• Prolific Wildlife Habitat: With 30% woodlands and natural springs and watercourses, Limestone Mountain Ranch is home to: sandhill cranes, blue jays, bald eagles, golden eagles, loons, osprey, moose, deer, elk, bear, wolves, coyotes, otter, beaver, bobcat, and more.
• Easy adaption to Guest Facility / Adventure Tourism / Eco Tourism
Many operating options available: Self-Operator, Manager Operated, or Leasing of Facility to local rancher (holding property). Positive Cash Flow.
Coveted properties of this size, quality and eco-diversity are difficult to find and becoming yet scarcer in North America as larger properties, such as this, are being broken apart (subdivided) as they pass from generation to generation. Although LIMESTONE MOUNTAIN RANCH is comprised on 11 separate, contiguous parcels, current owners have been committed to preserving the ranch’s size and eco-diversity (woodlands, water sources, meadows) for the benefit of future generations of farmers, ranchers, and entrepreneurs.
BIG LAKE COMMUNITY
British Columbia is one of Canada's most westerly province and Canada's gateway to the Asia-Pacific region. Vancouver (servicing a population of 2.4 Million people) is the largest city in British Columbia. As of 2017, the Asian population has accounted for more than 25% of the total population of British Columbia, making it the largest minority population in the province.
The City of Williams Lake, servicing a population of 30,000, is home to abundant equipment providers and ranch, horse, and recreational support industries. It is a vibrant community also home to the world-famous Williams Lake Stampede, the second largest professional rodeo in Canada. It has a hospital, shopping facilities, several schools, sports facilities, and one University.
Big Lake Community in the Central Cariboo Region, B.C. has a population of 500 with full telecommunications, a general store, gas facilities, elementary school, fire hall, post office, and recreation hall. It is a 35-minute drive to Williams Lake, B.C.
Access: There are 12 direct daily (1 hr) flights between the cities of Vancouver & Williams Lake.
Please check out our website at www.limestonemountainranch.com .