Dan, Sandy and Mattie Eddleman are offering their exceptional horse property, Comanche Oar Lock Ranch, for sale. This is a premier equine training property but also offers great opportunities for the outdoorsman, farmer and rancher as well.
The Shoemaker/Eddleman family has a long history of producing quality equine livestock. From humble beginnings almost one hundred years ago, Warren Shoemaker along with his grandson, Dan Eddleman, established a well known and respected blood line of horses. Today, Comanche Oar Lock Ranch serves as a training facility for the Shoemaker breed under the watchful eyes of the Eddleman family.
This 312 acre ranch is conveniently located 1.5 hours from Ft. Worth, 1.5 hours from Abilene and 30 minutes to Stephenville.
Watch the video tour #1
- MAIN HOUSE: Constructed in 1936 with 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, fireplaces in living and master bedroom, with a major refurbishing completed 6 years ago. Modern conveniences and upgrades including Quartzite counter tops, Alder cabinets, oak floors, Quartzite showers, Wolf appliances, custom wooden sink (see picture) were tastefully blended with the original rustic charm. An inviting wrap-around porch with original beaded ceiling overlooks the stone patio leading to the custom unground pool with waterfall. The original brick and stone exterior is complimented by the newly installed metal roof.
- GUEST QUARTERS: Matching the original home's exterior was a detached double car garage which has been converted to guest quarters. Interior amenities include reclaimed corrugated metal ceiling, huge wood stove, Central heat/air, 3/4 bath, bedroom, stained concrete floors, and wood accent walls. Relax on the large covered porches overlooking the Leon River bottom.
- FOREMAN'S HOUSE: A detached metal roofed frame cabin contains 2 bedrooms, 2 baths and small kitchen.
- WATER: Over 1.25 miles of flowing Leon River provides a scenic western boundary as well as fertile bottom land. Three surface tanks provide water for livestock and game. Domestic water for the main house is supplied by the Leon River Water Supply. Additional improvements are supplied from one domestic water well and there are 6 irrigation wells located on the property.
- Game: Hunting opportunities are excellent for the abundant white tail deer, turkey, dove and hogs. Fish are stocked in the tanks and the Leon River holds native fish in the deeper pools.
Horse Facility Features
- ARENA/BARN/OFFICE: The equine amenities are the highlites of this ranch. A 130X275 covered and lighted arena is convertible for roping, barrel racing and cutting uses and includes a round pen, returns and holding pens. Drop shades protect riders from the sun and wind and cedar staves provide a screen on the lower walls. A covered drive through alley connects the arena to a 650 square foot office complete with kitchen and 3/4 bath, tack room, med room and wash rack. The remaining barn area contains two large stalls and 8 small stalls divided by a concrete alley. Each stall has automatic watering and spray systems. A Cowboy bath is accessible from the exterior and has a utility room included. A large covered porch on the front of the office captures the sunsets.
- ADDITIONAL EQUINE: custom built hot walker, 5 separate horse pastures with sheds and automatic watering, 80X40 Hay barn/Equip Shed with electricity and water, 60X30 insulated metal building with over head doors, water and electricity, 48X38 slab with plumbing for bunk house.
- 13 miles
- 8 miles
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
500 Co Rd 442, De Leon, Comanche County, Texas