You will love this beautiful farm, 24 acres. Snug jewel box house 1856 square feet, 3 BR 2 Bath, large closets and nice basement with new drier and washer,new roof.
Cozy wood stove reduces your heating bills to very little. Heated tack room with washer/dryer, stone fronted copper trimmed stall fronts. Miles of trails, 168 x 80 foot indoor ring with light bands, full size outdoor turf dressage ring with rails and markers, pond, stream, easy access to skiing, snow mobile trails, Cooperstown attractions such as Baseball Hall of Fame and Fenimore Museum, Farmer's market and the fabulous Otesaga Hotel. Property adjoins miles of trails and is only about 20 minutes from the Brookfield trail system.
1.5 hours to registered USDF Dressage and Combined Training shows at Stockade, 2 hours to Saugerties NEDF shows.
Wonderful place for your child to ride and go to school. Edmeston school district. Bassett Hospital is about 12 minutes away. Bassett Health Clinic is 5 miles down the road.
Home also features an artist's studio above the barn, heated and insulated, air conditioner and half bath. Could be converted into apartment for barn help or working student.
Watch the video tour #1
Watch the video tour #2
- Hardwood floors on first floor, wall to wall carpet on the second floor. Very cozy wood stove, cleaned and maintained every year. Barn has heated tack room and workshop, washer /drier for horses, hot and cold water, oil heat (heat exchanger) Upper art studio heated with vents from downstairs plus industrial fan heater, heated, Anderson Window on front exposure. Stalls are build of native stone with copper trim and black iron bars. Pond has bass and a heron (who eats the bass). Horses love bathing in pond. About 10 acres are fenced, mostly wood fence with locust posts, small segment of electric fence in the wooded area. Plentiful firewood, woodchucks, possums, all kinds of birds, porcupine, raccoons, occasional skunk, beautiful deer. You can trail ride for miles. Other equestrian properties in the area. 20 minutes to schooling shows in Gilbertsville or Madison County Fairgrounds. 15 minutes to Silver Medal Dressage teacher at Waltzing Horse Farm Lippizanners. 40 minutes to first class shopping such as Macy's, Homegoods, Home Depot, Lowes, Red Lobster, Symeon's and many other fine stores and restaurants. 15 minutes to 5 star restaurant, "The Horned Dorset" or the Inn at the Otesaga Hotel. Golf and swimming nearby. Tennis and swimming, indoor jogging at the Clark Center in Cooperstown.
- 24 acres approx 2/3 cleared and the rest wooded,
- Shaded woodland road leads to the outdoor dressage arena.
Horse Facility Features
- Pond for horses to bathe in and drink from,clear spring water.
- 10 acres fenced wood fence and electric.
- 3 stall barn
- Indoor rubber/sand arena 168 x 80 feet, insulated roof, horses are very calm in it.
- outdoor turf arena with dressage ring and letter cones, flower boxes.
- round pen
- large exercise field
- Pick up the extensive trail system from within the property, cross the stream in the back field leading to more trails.
- 12 miles
- 12 miles
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
3159 NY-80, Burlington Flats, Otsego County, New York