Live the life you’ve always dreamed at this breathtaking 100+ acre equestrian estate, where every detail of the home, barn, and property has been meticulously considered and executed. Despite feeling miles away from everything, Renaissance Farm and its adjoining residence are just minutes from Ann Arbor and Saline downtowns, US-23, and I-94. The magnificent ranch home has 2 complete living spaces, including an in-law suite with kitchen in the walkout LL, with a spacious and versatile floorplan adaptable to your life and family. The showpiece of the award-winning and internationally known Renaissance Farm is the 2-story barn featuring 17 imported 14x14 Monarch Majestic stalls with automatic waterers, tack and feed rooms, grooming and wash stalls, barn manager living quarters, observation/teaching room with full kitchen, riders’ lounge, and the impressive 80x200 indoor arena with Bose sound system and dust control. Home and barn each have automatic backup generator. Farm also offers a smaller 4-stall barn, 21 well-kept paddocks, equipment garages, and outbuilding. Acreage has hardwood forest, ponds, leased farmland, and walking/riding trails. Incredible opportunity for a rider, teacher, and lover of horses. Request attachments for more details!
- There is no doubt that this special custom-built home was made for entertaining! Driveway sensors alert you to arrivals and provide automatic lighting for guests as they drive past the managed and stocked ponds and up to the impressive brick façade. Once inside, you’ll discover soaring ceilings, hand-painted murals, and ample natural light from large Palladian windows overlooking the grounds. Both the entry level and the walkout lower level have their own primary suite, full kitchen, living and dining space, and additional flex rooms that can be used as extra bedrooms, offices, storage, and more. On the main level, the expansive kitchen is open to the formal living and dining rooms, as well as a cheerful breakfast nook and welcoming vaulted family room with stone fireplace (wood-burning but plumbed for gas) and Palladian windows. To one side of this central living area is the owner’s wing, which provides a gracious study with hidden storage behind its paneled walls, and the primary suite offering woodland views, two generous walk-in closets, and a private full bathroom with two vanities, spa tub, and separate shower. The west side of the home houses another full bathroom flanked by an office and a mudroom, both of which could be used as additional bedrooms. A laundry room and half bathroom complete the entry level. The walkout lower level has an expansive living/dining/recreation room with another full kitchen and wood-burning fireplace (plumbed for gas). In addition to having its own bedroom suite, the downstairs has another bedroom with temperature- and humidity-controlled closet, several storage areas, and a large unfinished space with its own walkout doors and daylight window that could be finished into another bed or game room (with cedar closet). The attached 3-car garage provides ample workshop space and an indoor/outdoor dog run. Stunning views from every room, beautifully manicured grounds, and all the peace and privacy you could want just steps from your own elite equestrian center.
- In addition to the main barn, the complex has a four-stall barn with direct water and electrical service, including interior and exterior lighting. The stalls are each 12’ x 12’ and feature a Dutch front door and a sliding rear door. The back of the four-stall barn opens to a small paddock for turnout in poor weather that expands to a large pasture for grazing in good weather. There is also an 8’ x 16’ building that has double Dutch doors on both sides. It has access to its own turnout and has been used variously as a layup accommodation and as a pony shed. In total, the facility has 21 separate paddocks or turnouts. Nine are equipped with Nelson waterers and seven more with electrical and water service directly. The entire property has over 1000 front feet on both Bethel Church Road and on Weber Road. It includes a lovely hardwood forest with trails throughout. One of the oldest and largest oak trees in the area graces the driveway entrance to the equestrian center. The property also features four ponds that are linked to their own drainage system to manage water levels. Three of the ponds are stocked and offer the opportunity to enjoy fishing on site. For those interested, there are at least two other possible sites for water features.
Horse Facility Features
- Built by the current owners from the ground up in 2000, the Renaissance Farm equestrian center has been carefully planned and curated, meticulously maintained, and widely regarded as a premier facility for classical dressage and equine boarding. The stunning vista is prized by photographers and has been featured in several national advertising campaigns as well as frequent wedding and portrait photography. The barn itself was designed to provide the highest level of comfort and safety for both horse and rider, from the drainage and air circulation to the luxurious stalls and on-site barn manager’s apartment.
- The entry level of the two-story barn features 17 imported 14x14 Monarch Majestic stalls crafted from tongue and groove Brazilian cherry and modeled after the Queen’s stables in England. Two sets of stalls can be converted into 14x28 stalls for foaling. Each stall is outfitted with a Nelson automatic waterer, access to electrical outlets, and both interior and exterior doors. The electrical system has a natural gas-powered standby generator with automatic transfer to maintain service to all water and heating systems and select electrical and lighting lines in the event of power failure. Flooring throughout is 2” EquiTurf. In addition to the stalls, the first floor of the main building houses three spacious tack rooms, two grooming stalls, and a large wash stall with hot and cold water and two infrared ceiling heaters. With its own dual tank water conditioning system, there’s never a wait for conditioned water. A first-floor riders’ lounge is a welcome resting and gathering place with a kitchenette, washer/dryer, and bathroom next door. There is a dedicated feed room, as well as a second-floor hay loft which allows hay to be dropped into each individual stall through a trap door above. There are also three garages/workshops/equipment storage rooms.
- A completely finished arena, accessible from inside the main building, sits to one side of the barn. The arena measures 80’ x 200’ out to out and its soaring ceiling is 22’ at its peak. It is outfitted with a Bose quadraphonic sound system and Nelson electronic mister system. Modeled after the footing used at finer European schools, the arena has a crowned clay bottom with 2” of bluestone as a base for 2” of shear sand mingled with 2” of triple-milled tan bark. It is groomed regularly with a fine-tined harrow. Extra tall and wide doors at each end, as well as the double-Dutch entry from the main building, allow animals and equipment to enter freely. Next door is the office with controls for the arena’s sound and misting systems. Perched above the arena is an observation and teaching room with floor-to-ceiling windows, plenty of seating, and its own kitchenette.
- The north and south aisle ways are equipped with temperature-sensitive fire doors which are activated by extreme heat, separating the stable area from the equipment garage at the south aisle way and also the observation room at the north aisle way. On the mezzanine level, four-hour fire walls separate the hay loft, barn manager’s apartment, and observation room from the stable. Retention ponds on the property serve for both drainage and as emergency water sources in the event of fire.
- 12.9 miles
- 11.8 miles
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
6750 Bethel Church Rd, Saline, Washtenaw County, Michigan