Fewer than 1,000 feet from America's newest national park, this woodland farm was designed as a sustainable family retreat but is being developed to accommodate the region's booming tourism industry.
The property takes advantage of proximity to the New River Gorge National Park, as both a recreational convenience and long-term investment. It includes a luxury five-bedroom residence, more than 30 acres of woodland, and a seven-acre farm with a cottage, pond, pasture, orchard, riding ring, and four-stall horse barn.
A drive of fewer than 10 minutes from the New River Gorge Bridge, the property affords easy access to the National Park Service’s hiking and biking trails and rock-climbing areas and some of its most challenging whitewater paddling. The historic and touristy Town of Fayetteville, also the county seat of Fayette County, is a 15-minute drive from the property, as is the historic town of Ansted, home of scenic Hawks Nest State Park.
Though more than two million tourists visit the area annually, the property is located in a quiet rural corner of the upland convenient to the core area of tourist activity. The nearby Endless Wall Trail, a 10-minute drive from the farm, has been ranked the No. 1 national park hiking trail in the country by USA Today.
- Designed to accommodate a relaxed but busy lifestyle, the five-bedroom, four-bathroom, family-friendly residence offers plenty of outdoor living space in which to unwind or effortlessly entertain large and small groups. The layout promotes social connections and allows for a clear view of outdoor recreation areas. Its floor plan maximizes space and provides excellent room-to-room flow.
- A welcoming front hall, den, and utility area lead friends and family through the home and into a flanking garage and workshop area. Along the multi-windowed rear of the home, stylish kitchen and dining areas and a family room open one into another and onto the large deck and patio with a hot tub area. The kitchen island area and sunroom-dinette are favorite features.
- Upstairs, four bedrooms, a study, bathroom, and a laundry room open into a hall that leads to a private master suite with a recessed ceiling and private bath with a shower room and a garden tub located in a corner turret. The basement level includes a home theater ideal for gaming parties and a bathroom, bedroom, kitchenette, and additional utility and storage rooms.
- Other features of the residence include a children’s playhouse, a large concrete-pad parking area, and a second pad and basement bay that accommodate a wood-burning stove and wood storage area to provide independent electric generation.
- The residence and its lawn are surrounded on all sides by woodland that creates a privacy perimeter.
- Multiple trails wander the woodland surrounding the farm and residence, providing access to quiet groves and beauty spots. A host of native upland plants thrive in its several micro-habitats. Two small streams source on the property and descend toward the gorge.
Horse Facility Features
- The farm includes a four-stall barn with a tack room, washing station, and hayloft on a concrete slab. A farmhand’s cabin with a bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, and living area is situated in a grove near the barn. Other farm highlights include a riding ring, an orchard with heirloom trees, and other small livestock sheds. A small spring-fed pond is situated at the center of the pasture area.
- The ground level of the timber construction barn and stable measures 40 x 37 feet. The maul top measures 18 x 37 feet. The ground level also includes an 11 x 36-foot open shed. The barn and stable, enclosed under a metal roof, features four stalls, tack room, electric and water with an asphalt floor.
- 13 miles
- 7 miles
- 12 miles
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
Fox Hollow Rd, Victor, Fayette County, West Virginia