This sunny Central Washington Horse Property is a rare find in the Kittitas Valley. Saddle your horse at the hitching rail, put on your hiking boots, jump on your ATV, or mountain bike, and head out your driveway to explore and enjoy 1000s of acres with miles of dirt roads and trails in the LT Murray Recreation/ Elk Preserve.
Public access is often sought after for trail riding enthusiasts but is rarely available, or is miles down a dusty dirt road and far from town. This property is off a well maintain dead end county road and only 12 miles from Ellensburg.
For additional riding and recreation, the John Wayne/Centennial Trail is a short trailer ride away and the Teanaway Community Forest and Washington State Horse Park are only a 30 minute drive.
This 10 acre irrigated property is perimeter and crossed fenced with horse safe fencing (lower pasture has perimeter fencing of barbwire on two side) and features the following amenities:
-Three individual irrigated pastures with KRD water rights.
-Irrigation system includes pumping out of the pond and K-line pods
-3 large turnout paddocks with loafing sheds and automatic waterers.
-A 60' round pen area.
-Pond was built in 2000, and wild ducks, geese and Blue Herron are frequent visitors.
-Property is tree lined on east and north side.
-Large barnyard area for multiple vehicles and trailers
-2 RV hookups provide plenty of room for guests to come and stay.
Ellensburg has 4 grocery stores, 2 ranch and feed stores and pretty much all other needed amenities.
If you desire big box stores, Issaquah or Yakima are only a 50 minute drive.
Another bonus, since the property sits at approximately 1900 foot elevation, it can be fog free in the winter when Ellensburg is experiencing fog.
We do get wind, however even on the windiest of days you can saddle up and head up into the LT Murray and experience very little if any wind. This is a nice added bonus!
Many additional photos available and a video coming soon!
- This 2000 sqft, 2 story home has a cozy cabin feel but offers so much more. Enjoy sitting on the 530 sqft of deck.
- The living area has vaulted ceilings and an open concept kitchen, dining and family room with an abundance of windows for views and natural light.
- Hickory cabinets and Jenn air cooktop and recirculating hot water at kitchen sink, with seating for 4 at the bar
- Laminate flooring, tile, and carpet throughout
- Propane stove in living room for heating and in wall unit for a/c
- Large office on main floor with two separate workstations.
- 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms,
- Upstairs is a spacious primary suite with full bath.
- Enjoy the beautiful views from the primary suite's large picture windows
- Small play room upstairs for kids.
- Two upstairs guest bedrooms and a 3/4 bath.
- All upstairs bedrooms have newly installed mini splits for heating and cooling.
- Downstairs one guest bedroom and full bathroom.
- Attached heated 2 car garage and laundry room.
- Back porch features a garden shed and built in large heated dog house.
- The separate dwelling is a 320 sqft, 1 bedroom 1 bath Mother in-law apartment, recently remodeled in 2018 and located in the barn.
- Beautiful will maintained yard with mature landscaping.
- Large willow trees provide shade in the summer
- Arborvitaes line the eastside of the lawn.
- The front yard is fenced on 3 sides with a security gate at the driveway entrance.
- Experience the picturesque view of a tree lined driveway to the barn.
- Soak in your private 6 person hot tub after a day of recreating and count all the stars.
- Your backyard has 10 raised garden beds, a long row of raspberries, grapes and fruit trees you will be enjoying homegrown produce all summer and fall.
- On a cool fall evening roast marsh mellows in your backyard fire ring and listen to the crickets
- Beautiful views of the Stuart Mountain range and Kittitas Valley foothills are visible from all locations on the property.
- 2 RV Hookups have power, water and septic dump
- The 320 sqft Mother in-law apartment is currently rented at $750/month which includes their two horses.
- There is also a 27 foot travel trailer that is the property owners personal trailer and sells with the property. Current rent is $750/month which includes a horse and miniature donkey.
- Excellent renters with excellent rental history! The bonus, beside added income is trading off feeding and watering of horses, garden, mail pickup and cat care etc. This has allowed us to travel and be gone for vacations with no need to hire a house sitter. It is a win-win situation.
Horse Facility Features
- The 3900 sqft barn was remodeled in 2018 and includes the following:
- Lean to's on east and west side of barn for parking tractors, horse trailer and equipment.
- 14x24 insulated and mouse proof shop with a 9x7 roll up door and 42" man door
- Drive through 12 foot breezeway with rollup door on north end and slide door with man door on south end.
- 6 stalls, gravel base and rubber mats, only one stall has been used since remodel
- Currently 4 stalls used as storage due to property owners preparing to move.
- 2 stalls have drop down shoots for feeding into the stalls from the hayloft above
- Hot and cold water available in the breezeway.
- 3 built-in mouse proof grain storage in breezeway
- Above the stalls and the 320 sqft MIL apartment is your hay storage for over 20 ton of hay
- Two tacks rooms that are mouse and dust proof:
- First tack room also has stacking washer and dryer with laundry sink
- Second tack room has a reloading bench and tons of storage.
- Behind the barn is a 60' round pen area, round pen panels not included in the sale.
- Large hitching rail with rubber mats just outside front of barn
- 3 drylot paddocks include automatic waters and loafing sheds
- One pasture turnout includes a loafing shed and automatic waterer
- The other two turnout pastures have water and power available.
- Two pastures were reseeded in 2018 and all pastures sprayed for weeds in 2019.
- Only the north pasture has been grazed this year, allowing for grass to reseed and establish well in the two remaining pastures.
- Pastures were not regularly irrigated this year due to property owners traveling frequently throughout the summer.
- 13 miles
- 13 miles
- 0.25 miles
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
771 Watt Canyon Rd, Thorp, Kittitas County, Washington