'SOMEDAY' Farm is conveniently located just moments from Albermarle (airport, hospital, shopping) but as you pull through the gates and wind down the paved drive the static of the world quiets. The main residence was built in 2006, focusing on craftsmanship, materials, and modern luxury. This exquisite property contains over 12,000 square feet of living space along with a private and equally charming second residence, multiple agricultural buildings, 287 Acres - including paddocks, orchard, and a large garden. Designer's mantra: Invent within the rules, respect the character of the place, tell a story over time, build for the ages, detail for authenticity, craft with natural materials, create the patina of age, and incorporate modern conveniences.
Watch the video tour #1
Watch the video tour #2
- Designed by a visionary (c.2006) and is impossible to recreate.
- Handicap entrance and fully accessible.
- Ancient surface Pierre de Bourgogne stone flooring with natural weathering as old as time. Back cuts from the same block pave the connectors between the Octogan and Main House and the garages.
- Carnotzet is a Swiss word referring to a cozy, interior room with a fire and often, raclette or fondue is served.
- Tulikivi fireplace in soapstone that runs through all three floors in the heart of the home. This gentle wood heat only needs to be fed twice per twenty-four hours. It also features a pizza/wood-fire oven for those who love baking.
- His and her dressing rooms and spa baths.
- Butler's pantry, humidor, custom beauty lighting, sewing room, and a private gym with pocket garden.
- Extensive masonry is noticeable from every angle, built to stand the test of time.
- Mountain and water views!
- Astonishing acreage, private boundaries - fully buffered by hardwood forest. Enjoy this area as it is meant to be, a world of its very own! Multiple ponds, healthy wildlife, and habitats, paddocks, and too many other features to list. This estate has something for anyone and everyone who loves fresh air and wide-open spaces! This is an understated castle in your own countryside. Although this farm and the homes are totally push-button
- if this functionality ceased, the backup systems/features would keep all of your family and friends warm and cozy!
Horse Facility Features
- Paddocks, a few large run-ins (this property was used for a special breed of cattle) two barns, and one large machine shop - all with plumbing and bathrooms. One large barn is heated and cooled. Plenty of areas to convert for horses or any other furry friends.
- 15 miles
- 15 miles
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
Someday Farm Rd, Barboursville , Orange County, Virginia