Rock Ridge - Set upon a hilltop with magnificent views of the Blue Ridge Mountains is this custom stone and brick French Country style home with 5 bedrooms, 4 full and 2 half baths. Encompassing over 94 acres of open and wooded land, and featuring 2 guest homes, the estate offers endless possibilities for a private retreat, entertaining or outdoor activities – all only minutes from the dining, shopping and attractions of Middleburg, VA.
Watch the video tour #1
- The 7,300 sq. ft. house provides both formal rooms and comfortable, living spaces. A gourmet kitchen (Wolf, Sub-Zero) with an oversized granite island and a separate breakfast area opens into a central “Great Room” with multiple seating areas. At the opposite end of the Great Room is a custom paneled library with a fireplace and wet bar. All three of these rooms have sweeping farm and mountain views. French doors off the Great Room provide direct access to a large stone terrace – ideal for enjoying the spectacular sunsets.
- A traditional style Butler’s Pantry adjacent to the Kitchen provides additional storage and prep space and includes a built-in wine refrigerator and large walk-in pantry. The adjoining Dining Room – also accessible from the marble Entry Foyer – features a stone fireplace and easily seats 12. At the opposite side of the marble-lined Entry Foyer from the Dining Room is a formal Living Room with a fireplace, locally milled oak floors and flooded with light through 4 large windows.
- The 1st floor Master Suite includes a fireplace, a spacious luxury bathroom with dual vanities, soaking tub, large marble and tile shower, 2 linen closets and 2 separate walk-in closets. A wall of windows in the bedroom overlooks a nearby butterfly garden and frame the stunning vistas.
- Four additional bedrooms, 2 full baths and a relaxed kids or Guest Living Room are located on the upper level. The basement – accessible from the Entry Foyer or via outside access at the rear of the home – includes an Office/Den with a fireplace, a Fitness/Rec Room, a full bathroom and a laundry room.
- First floor laundry facilities and a half bath occupy the large Mudroom area located at the side entrance to the home. A built-in desk, ample storage including a walk-in closet, and a traditional storage bench with peg hooks round out the Mudroom accented by thick oak counters.
- For the non-rider, the horse facilities provide an income-producing opportunity if desired with a long-standing horse business in place as the barn is occupied currently by a tenant.
- Two additional 3-bedroom homes, each located with privacy in mind away from the Main House can be used for guests, staff and/or as rentals.
- For the remote student or work from home executive, all 3 homes and the barn are wired for high-speed internet. (High Mountain).
- Ideally located only minutes to The Plains, Marshall and Middleburg, VA with easy access to I-66, Rt 17 and Rt 50. 45 minutes to Dulles Airport. The farm is in a conservation easement with Virginia Outdoors Foundation.
Horse Facility Features
- Equestrians will enjoy the location with great ride out in prime Orange County Hunt territory, just minutes from multiple training centers and polo venues. Onsite horse facilities include a 22-stall center aisle barn, 9 fenced paddocks and an oversized 200' x 210' riding ring. Many of the fenced paddocks include run-in sheds. There are two large equipment sheds.
- 14 miles
- 5 miles
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
6375 Forster Ln, The Plains, Fauquier County, Virginia