Halfway between the storied Village of Woodstock, Vermont, and the ivy league halls of Dartmouth College in nearby Hanover, NH, and minutes to every possible recreational amenity in Quechee, Stonehill Farm offers an extraordinary private kingdom, with tennis, and equestrian facility on 218 acres of open pastures, mixed northern hardwood forests, and miles of interior roads and trails.
Watch the video tour #1
Watch the video tour #2
- The ca. 1991 manor house, with its Tudor-inflected stone exterior and soaring two-story library, was designed by noted New York architect Alan Wanzenberg who’s overall approach is often informed by his deep appreciation for the Arts & Crafts and other analogous movements.
- Set high along the top of a south-facing ridge, the Vermont countryside unfolds at your feet with commanding views across the Ottaquechee Valley to Mount Ascutney.
- Masses of windows on the south walls take full advantage of the direct southern exposure. Constructed in the tradition of old-world craftsmanship, this incomparable stone and cedar estate features the finest quality materials and decorative finishes throughout.
- The approximately 9,000 square foot, 15-room residence is an elegant and timeless design in richly textured stone, expansive glass, and mahogany details.
- The main house offers seven bedrooms, nine baths, a recently remodeled gourmet kitchen, formal living, and dining rooms, 3,200 bottle wine cellar, and presides over a pond-like, heated swimming pool surrounded by bluestone terraces.
- Acres of open pasture and hayfields
- a spring-fed pond
- improved roads and trails
- multiple additional smaller outbuildings
- alpaca barn
- equipment barn
- wood crib
Horse Facility Features
- Just down the winding drive lined by an allée of maples, you’ll find one of the most expansive equestrian facilities in New England. The 20,000 square foot steel framed complex is divided into three component areas, including 12 box stalls, numerous tack rooms, shop and office, a beautifully equipped viewing lounge with barn manager’s three-bedroom apartment, and the main riding arena, which has been converted over to an indoor soft surface tennis court but could easily be returned to its former equestrian use.
- 17 miles
- 3 miles
- .1 miles
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
1403 Quechee West Hartford Rd, Hartford, Windsor County, Vermont