Built in 2011 this modern, energy efficient, 2,600sq ft 3-bedroom/3-bathroom home has over 1,000sq ft of additional unfinished walkout basement. The property was used as a small scale equine facility. It includes a 10-stall horse barn with its own spring fed water supply & well maintained pasturage. A massive advantage of this home is its geothermal heating & cooling. Supplied by a 540' deep well, this unit has been extremally effective & cost efficient over the years. A woodstove backup unit allows for heat in times of power outage. Adjunct buildings are a 24x40 Morton building & a chicken house. Terraced flats around the home are available for gardens or horse ring work. There is over 500 ft of the Marlboro Branch River running through the property: a trout fishermen's dream! A modern homesteader could do very well here. Less than 30 minutes to Mount Snow, Wilmington, Hermitage Club, or I-91. Additional 169 acres available
- Modern Kitchen, Geothermal Heating and cooling, 3-bedrooms plus an office or den. The master has a large, curb less custom tiled shower and separate jetted tub ensuite and a large walk-in closet. A large mudroom with a giant closet, laundry and half bath as you walk in from your chores. The huge unfinished walkout basement has double doors for easy access from the outside along with an interior set of stairs. One level living is possible on the main floor with 2-bedrooms and a full bath on the 2nd floor..
- This tract of 22 acres blankets the side of a mountain along the Augur Hole valley in North Marlboro, Vt. It runs in a north-south configuration and has historically provided a deer corridor from the Gulf Brook valley south into the Hidden Lake area of Marlboro. Bands of hemlock, uncut for generations on the eastern boundary, provide snow protection for deer yards in years of heavy snow.
- Over the last forty years of family attention, forestry harvests have concentrated on creating animal habitat, and the land presently has respectable numbers of deer, coyotes, bear and turkeys.
- It has been in the same family since 1948 and is now available, looking for a buyer who comprehends and appreciates the opportunity for some of the quietest land in the area.
Horse Facility Features
- This house and property were used as a small scale equine facility. It includes a ten stall horse barn with its own spring fed water supply and well maintained pasturage. Fencing and other equipment could be supplied to a new owner if they wished to continue equine activity.
- 16.6 miles
- 15 miles
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
37 Private Driveway, Marlboro, Windham County, Vermont