Rancho Martita is one of the most impressive equestrian properties on the market today. Every aspect of its design and development was engineered and constructed with a focus on quality and functionality and an indisputable attention to detail. If you are in the market for a premier equestrian facility, you will be hard-pressed to find a more stunning property with high end improvements in a better location.
Just 7 miles west from Brenham on FM 389, which the locals claim as one of the most scenic roads out of town in the most attractive part of Washington County. The town of Brenham has a legendary past with a modern feel. Brenham also holds a reputation as a hot bed for the cutting horse industry and is home to the American Cutting Horse Association and several renowned cutting horse training facilities.
The pastoral setting on this 120.76 acre property is unrivaled anywhere else in the state. Rolling, productive pasture, live water creek, massive Oak trees and a knock-your-socks off undeveloped homesite that will embolden even the most content to aspire.
There is 1850 ft of both sides of Rocky Creek that gently flows through the property during normal rainfall years. This creek bed is a combination of narrow, shallow sandy bottom shoal and wider, deeper holes of water. The banks of the creek are heavily wooden and provide cover and shelter for whitetail deer and other native wildlife. In addition to Rocky Creek, there are 2 ponds on the property each approximately a ½ acre in size. The deeper pond, located below [below what] and within view of the main barn is stocked and ready to be fished.
Approximately 34 acres of the property is in hay production historically round baled with yield of 4 bales per acre.
Every grassy acre at Rancho Martita is productive and part of a larger pasture management system suitable for horses or cattle. A total of 10 horse paddocks constructed out of top rail pipe and no-climb horse friendly mesh wire fencing are functional and in place. 7 of these paddocks have enclosed loafing sheds with freeze-proof water troughs. Regardless of your equine discipline, the current pasture design, layout, construction, and equipment allow for efficient management of your horse operation from day one.
Watch the video tour #2
- The modern/industrial ranch style main quarters is approximately 1800 sqft and features a stunning wall of windows allowing the beauty of nature to overwhelm you with her glory. The great room is the perfect place to relax or entertain. The kitchen boasts Zebra Wood cabinets with soft close doors/drawers, wine chiller, stainless appliances, farmhouse sink and granite counters. Down the hallway is a bathroom, a bedroom with a walk-in closet and a well-appointed office. At least 3 patio areas overlooking the beautiful pool with resort like grounds surround numerous seating areas, some with cover and fans, and offer a beautiful setting to relax after a day of riding.
- Casita: Once utilized as the main home on Rancho Martita, this now “casita” sits on the east side of the property with its own separate entrance off FM 389. This home was remodeled in 2010 with an excellent eye for detail This 1092 sqft home has much to offer. Full kitchen with stainless appliances, utility room, dining room, 2 bedrooms with sliding rail doors, 1 full bathroom, enclosed sunroom all under a metal roof. Front porch and back porch plus a patio area with flagstone. The 45x30 metal carport shows the excellence of the quality that goes into each part of this property's production. In front of the home is a metal trellis for the plants to roam and cause a barrier between the home and world. This home operates on its own dedicated septic system and is supplied water by Central Washington County Water System. A large, fenced yard, beautiful trees, an outdoor entertainment area create another functional attractive improvement. From this home you can overlook a beautiful Oak lined pond and an old wood-sided barn in good shape. This attractive, functional improvement envelope further promotes why this of a kind offering must be seen to be fully appreciated.
Horse Facility Features
- The 25,000 sqft arena structure is roof-over galvanized steel and was professionally and custom designed by MidWest Steel. The roof beams sit on a concrete runner slab with LED lights and covers the 100x200 cedar post-lined arena with multiple gates, 2 Big Ass Fans, remote controlled Pro Cutter flag, holding pens and sunshades. Adjacent to the arena is a shaded barbeque cooking/entertainment area a covered cedar post lined 6-horse programmable walker and an elevated arena viewing area. This arena structure also houses (5) Priefert horse stalls and 2 small animal kennels. On the west side of the arena there is a 75’x30’ carport area for vehicle and trailer parking with electrical outlets for trailer for plug-ins.
- To the west of the covered vehicle/trailer parking is a separate 90’x30’ structure consisting of 9 bays with 110 and 220v electric service. These bays serve various purposes but are currently utilized for hay bale storage, bulk shaving delivery and storage as well as animal feed storage. On the southern end of this structure there is a climate-controlled workshop with a large overhead Macro Air Fan and a covered equipment parking area.
- Main Barn: The main horse barn structure is 8500 square feet and not your average barn. There are 10 gorgeous concrete tilt wall and cinderblock horse stalls with steel doors, each stall is equipped with a fly spray system, special lighting to keep the Mares cycling, and roll up windows. In the central cross walk, you will find the horse wash area with a motorized hose reel with hot and cold water and as 2 large overhead Macro Air alleyway fans.
- The Tack room is about 336 square feet with custom built saddle racks, tack racks and a pivoting steel rotunda style door that doubles as a saddle rack
- 7 miles
- 7 miles
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
7240 FM389, Brenham, Washington County, Texas