This listing is one of a kind! A beautiful home and a high-end private equestrian property (with a covered arena) plus one of the most unspoiled, private and scenic settings in Greater Houston. The house is a timeless, unique 3,263 SF “jewel box” with 3 Bedrooms / 2 1/2 Baths. It combines coziness with elegant detail in every room. Click on the Matterport link for an interactive tour and open the digital brochure for full information on the facilities. The property is only 15 min. from 290 and 20 min. from 99....but it is in the middle of a 120+ acre rural island. The house is surrounded by rolling grassy fields dotted with mature trees and the only visible neighbor is 2300 ft away. The equestrian facilities are highlighted by a 200’ x 70’ competition-standard arena with a hurricane-spec cover. There is a 4-stall barn (2500 SF) w/ climate-controlled feed room, tack room and efficiency apartment. Additional features include 7 lush fenced paddocks + acres of room for expansion.
Watch the video tour #1
Watch the video tour #2
- Purchased in 2008. Current owners have fully remodeled the existing structure and added
- a new wing in 2017
- 3263 sq ft home with 3 bedrooms & 2.5 baths
- Natural flooring in all living areas (real hardwood and oversized stone tiles)
- Metal roofing on house, garage, barn & arena
- All electric with 500 gallon underground propane tank for generator
- 22 kW Generac whole-property generator with remote monitoring (installed 2020)
- 100% LED lighting in all structures
- House has zoned AC with 3 high-efficiency units
- Mini split AC for exercise & storage rooms in the garage
- High-speed wireless internet (T Mobile 5G Home Internet with 150 MBPS down, 75 MBPS
- Unique custom features and details in every room including extensive trim, solid wood
- doors, hand painted tile in the kitchen, fireplace and laundry room ( see Matterport
- virtual tour for detailed visuals of every room)
- Master Suite has double Mahogany Doors, plantation shutters, pitched ceiling and Hunter
- Original ceiling fan
- Master Bath has His & Her closets w/built-ins and towel warmer, extensive block paneling
- and crown molding, seamless shower, iron Kohler "Tea for Two" tub, travertine tiled
- shower & flooring, black & white leathered granite counters, double sinks, arched
- window above tub
- Kitchen features butcher block counters, farmhouse sink, high end stainless steel chef
- appliances, custom cabinets with copious storage, large granite island.
- Front Entry - Floor to Ceiling Stone Fireplace in the center of room. Open-plan
- living/dining area with dramatic pitched ceilings, custom paneling and plantation
- shutters. 180 degree rear views over garden and paddocks.
- Media room with surround-sound wiring
- Enclosed Sunroom with Shiplap ceilings & floor to ceiling windows
- Two additional bedrooms with built-in closets and custom trim.
- Second full bathroom with travertine flooring and beautiful block paneling.
- Formal Den with west-facing distant views, high ceilings and solid mahogany French doors
- opening onto a brick paved covered porch with extensive trim and column detail.
- Office with floor to ceiling built-in bookshelves plus a "technology closet" with further
- Pantry with custom storage shelves on subway tile backsplash, cookbook bookshelf,
- butcherblock counter-tops, pull-out vegetable and dry-goods storage, additional mini
- fridge, built-in wine rack. Hallway has further custom-designed storage with hidden
- microwave and appliance/cookware areas.
- Massive Laundry Room with beautiful views, extensive butcher block countertops,
- Farmhouse double sink, built-in storage, towel warmer, built-in freezer plus washer and
- Side entry and hallway with mud room, walk-in closet and half bath.
- +/- 16.8 total acres
- Remarkable setting. All facilities are at least 1800 ft from the road and there are no
- adjacent structures, so the property enjoys 360 degree views of pasture land and mature
- Beautiful mature landscaping on all sides of the home with programmable irrigation.
- Hundreds of trees including huge Water Oaks, Live Oaks, Pecans, Magnolias and Crepe
- Property is on a hill so drainage is excellent. No flooding even with 30" 2-day rainfall in
- Neighboring +/- 120 acres is deed-restricted and available for horse riding & walking per
- informal agreement with owner
- Freestanding 2 car garage built in 2016. Includes sizable exercise room and storage room
- with high-efficiency mini-split AC. West-facing covered porch with brick floor and
- custom trim/column work which matches the house. High-speed internet in both garage
- and barn.
Horse Facility Features
- Custom horse barn with 4 stalls plus climate-controlled feed room, tack room with
- washer and efficiency apartment with full kitchen and bathroom.
- All stalls have rubber mats, feeders & 2 fans
- Deep covered porch outside horse stalls keeps horses dry even in a downpour.
- Opposite side of barn has enclosed storage for hay & equipment
- 200 ft x 70 ft covered riding arena (Lightfoot footing) with adjacent covered trailer
- parking. Arena cover has 16 ft eaves for better airflow and 4 x built-in sprinklers on the
- south side.
- 7 oversized paddocks (+/- 3.5 acres) with 4-board wood fencing.
- High-volume water well with a 2-horsepower pump installed in 2020. Large-diameter
- piping to all horse paddocks.
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
27538 Kickapoo Rd, Hockley, Waller County, Texas