EAST TEXAS HORSE RANCH—185 BEAUTIFUL ACRES LOCATED at 2000 W. Gay Avenue, Gladewater, TX 75647
One-of-a-kind estate home and horse ranch located in the rolling terrain of East Texas, minutes from Lake Gladewater and the famous Gladewater Rodeo grounds. Imagine roaming on 185 acres of beautiful, gently rolling hills, ½ wooded and ½ pastureland, or training/caring for horses in your 17,000 sq. ft. metal barn complete with stables and covered arena! This property includes everything needed to enjoy the pleasures of life in a smaller town, but is in easy driving distance from Longview (14 min.) and Tyler, Texas. (27 min.) for hospitals, shopping and eateries.
Watch the video tour #1
- Imagine your guests approaching a distinctive 3-board white fence, turning in between brick columns, slowly winding down a crepe myrtle-lined curved concrete driveway through your park-like yard, around the circle drive, to you professionally-landscaped, one-story home situated on a bluff overlooking scenic Glade Creek formed from the tailwaters from 480-acre Lake Gladewater, the home complete with specialty lighting, huge native trees and beautiful views.
- Double wooden doors welcome one to this home that was lovingly custom-built by the Phillips family, and holds fond memories for those close, but from distant places as well. It is an entertainer’s delight with large glass panels (some that slide open) from the 640 sq. ft. main living area (with custom wood-face and dark-slate fireplace) and immense dining area that overlook the expansive back patio. A spacious bonus room (880 sq. ft.) with fireplace was used as an office/trophy room (from international hunts). Enjoy special features such as wool carpets, terrazzo flooring, cathedral ceilings, crystal chandelier, custom drapes, 6-burner stove and grill, whitewashed pine walls, custom copper gutters and much more. Imagine the possibilities in the approx. 5328 sq. ft., 3 BR, 3.5 BA home!
- ADDITONAL STRUCTURES INCLUDE:
- METAL BARN—17,000 sq. ft., 17 stalls 10’ x 11’ with 3 sides cinderblock walls, sliding wooden doors, auto-water, dirt floor. Incl: wash rack, water heater, tack room, office, break room, ½ BA, two 12’ wide, tall overhead doors (and several smaller overhead doors), 10,000 sq. ft. ARENA with dirt floor, pipe-and-cable fence, spectator bleachers.
- GREENHOUSES—[#1] 15’ x 40’, gas heaters, vent fans, aluminum frame, glass panels, shade cloth. [#2] 24’x48’ heaters and vents, arch pipe frame, plastic sheeting, shade cloth.
- SHOP & STABLE BARN—Shop/Storage = 30’ x 60’, concrete floor, multiple sliding doors, electricity. Stable Barn—3 horse stalls (dirt floor) & tack room (concrete floor), 26’ x 30’, paddock and pens, electric horse walker.
- OTHER INFORMATION:
- Pipe-and-cable fencing on perimeter and cross-fencing.
- City utilities.
- Shallow water well for livestock watering and lawn irrigation.
- No active oil or gas activity visible, and under no surface leases at this time.
- Glade Creek—below Lake Gladewater dam/spillway--traverses the property.
- Taxes for 2020 per Upshur County Appraisal District were $14,606 based on ag exemption but no homestead exemption.
- Nearby Lake Gladewater is 480 acres of fun and beautiful views—boasting a lake-record catch of a 13.6 pound largemouth bass!
- 20 miles
- 21 miles
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
2000 W Gay Ave, Gladewater, Upshur County, Texas