Ponderosita Ranch is a special property with a very relaxing setting and sanctuary qualities. You get to select your choice of opportunities with this wonderful little ranch including investment, retreat, residential, or equestrian. The many attributes such as amazing trees, creek, views, very nice home, Airbnb units, equestrian and many other improvements, all contribute to a multitude of opportunities on this property. Multiple additional home-sites allow for new building or possibly a retreat or venue. The current main home could be added to the Airbnb business or used as a residence. The equestrian facilities could be utilized for personal or business or could easily be repurposed to other uses. Whatever the use, the Ponderosita Ranch has a unique spiritual quality that will relax and inspire visitors.
Watch the video tour #1
Watch the video tour #2
- The original two-story farmhouse was built in 1984/85. A new addition was custom designed and completed in 2004 and 2005. The current home has three bedrooms and two and a half baths. There is a large walk-in closet in one of the upstairs bedrooms, as well as a balcony and garden tub with sun dome light. The living area has a functioning wood burning stove, that will keep the house toasty warm on the coldest Texas winter days and nights. The authentic fireplace was built out of stones taken from the property when the home was originally built.
- There is a coat closet in the living room, and French doors leading out into the pool area. The kitchen has custom wood cabinets, and a beautiful oak wood floor with a handy mud-room for the washer and dryer as well as a convenient guest bathroom with easy access to the refreshing in-ground swimming pool.
- The addition included the installation of beautiful Brazilian Walnut floors in the original living room, a bright sunny office, upgraded flagstone base for the wood burning stove, flagstone patio and a beautiful custom designed and built media room and giant relaxing master suite.
- The media room was built with front, side and rear speaker connections, offset 2x4’s interwoven with insulation for sound proofing, cantilevered ceiling, a designated electric panel, and surround sound features with projection television capabilities. Windows are framed out in this room in case the need ever arose for an additional bedroom.
- The exquisite master bedroom is welcoming and relaxing, with a sitting area and bay window, plus a large walk-in closet. A gorgeous wraparound porch completes the inviting exterior, with wooden French doors leading onto the porch from the master suite for a relaxing cup of coffee every morning while listening to the songbirds. The master bath has a tiled stand-up shower, separate garden tub with jets, a separate toilet room, granite counter tops and a beautiful picture window to admire the “park like” setting.
- Additional updates including hardy plank installation to the north side of the home, exterior paint, new living room French door installation and chimney repair which were completed in October of 2012. In 2019 the kitchen was updated with paint and new appliances, and new carpet was installed. In 2020 the balcony was rebuilt and the front porch repainted, along with new pool fence and stairs to the pool house.
- The home is all electric, and has a water softener and whole house chlorinator and water filters. The cozy original home has “good bones”, and is as well insulated with very reasonable utility bills from Pedernales Electric Coop. Internet service options include Western Broadband and DSL, as well as satellite. Current trash pickup is through Clawson Disposal. There is a separate heat pump and hot water heater for the addition side of the home.
- There are two guest homes currently used as Airbnb units for extra income. There is a Cottage and also a Casita across from the main home that stay in constant demand. The comfortable and quiet guest cottage is well insulated with a full bath including shower, sink and toilet, kitchen counter, air conditioning and a ceiling fan. Custom paint and a beveled ceiling add to the charm of this one-bedroom getaway. Perfect for a weekend guest, or a permanent tenant, this structure is quiet and private, with beautiful views from the many windows and a relaxing wrap around deck. The Casita features a kitchenette, stand up shower and toilet room, with many custom features such as a sliding barn door, wood floors, butcher-block countertop and barn tin on the ceiling. Both Airbnb’s are very popular with guests and are booked most days. Please visit the Airbnb sites for more:
- The ranch was purchased in 1999 by the current owners and has served as both a home and business over the years under excellent stewardship. The cozy and welcoming home and spacious property sit on 14.5 tree-covered acres, which are fenced and cross-fenced. The setting is magnificent and offers many opportunities.
- The property is part of a multiple acre ranchette subdivision west of Leander, Texas, that is quiet and private. There is virtually no road noise to be heard on the property, and there are beautiful views from the topmost portion of the property. The property borders a 400 acre privately managed wildlife refuge, which allows for many wildlife sightings including whitetail deer, foxes, hawks, owls, turkeys, many songbirds, coyotes and lizards!
- What is most astounding about the property are the giant live oak and cedar elm trees that thrive here, amongst the wildflowers in the beautiful Texas Hill Country. Many of the trees are hundreds of years old. The natural management of the land has allowed for the grass to grow and the property to flourish, which welcomes visitors with a real sense of peace, tranquility and safety. Words to describe the ranch include tranquil, sanctuary-like, quiet, private, peaceful…an oasis.
Horse Facility Features
- This gorgeous property has been home to South Wind Equestrian Equine Therapy which was established in 2004. In 2017 a private office was constructed for mental health equine therapy teams, also called the Cabin. It features custom shiplap walls and ceilings and is very cozy and quiet. It is perfect for another Airbnb or to continue use as an on-site office space. Additionally, an art studio was also added in 2020, and could be another Airbnb or a she-shed! It features a very fun design with lots of big windows under the beautiful shady oak trees. There is also a chicken coop and a greenhouse.
- Equestrian facilities on site including a 2-stall tack barn, hay storage, wash rack, equipment and tool shed, three run-in sheds, 6 lounging paddocks, a 200’ x 70’ lighted arena with maintained washed river sand footing, 2 round pens, trails and an obstacle course. There is also a labyrinth that is super cool!
- This property is in Travis County, and is zoned in the highly acclaimed Leander Independent School District. The home is located in the Round Mountain Oaks subdivision, a friendly group of homeowners who watch out for each other and have the common goal of preserving property values. There is no HOA fee and the homeowner’s association is currently non-active.
- Grocery shopping and filling stations as well as local dining options are just minutes away, as well as the Metrorail that will take you directly to downtown Austin. Leander boasts a booming economy and several large housing developments are currently under construction. Lakeline Boulevard has been extended to CR 2243, and will open up this area to additional growth as well as added convenience.
- Lake Travis is accessible just 6 miles away in Jonestown, Texas. Balcones Canyonlands Federal Wildlife Preserve is just minutes away as well, with multiple hiking options and spectacular views, along with the possibility of spotting the elusive warbler!
- The current homeowner has worked diligently to preserve the ecosystem of this natural paradise, using only organic pest control and mowing for weed control. Keeping in mind the creek and ground water would also be affected by pesticides and herbicides, the land has been tended to with the environment in mind. For example, the large red Pharoah ants help keep the environment naturally cleansed, as well as provide food for the elusive horny toad, currently threatened by extinction due to fire ants, live and thrive on the property. The property has a pond that is located on a wet weather creek, and in a normal rainfall year will run from Labor Day through Memorial Day. The pond has frogs, toads, water birds and even an occasional duck! Sycamore and oak trees line the banks of the gently flowing creek that enters from the west side of the property.
- In addition to the towering live oak, red oak and cedar elm trees that cover the property, there are also many native Texas shrubs and trees such as persimmon, pecan, agarita, sumac, mountain laurel, cherry, yucca, sage, Virginia creeper, honeysuckle, wisteria, cross vine, and soapberry growing on the property. There are also an abundance of wildflowers covering the property including bluebonnets, verbena, black foot daisies, coreopsis, and many more. Crepe myrtles, lady banks rose, iris, rose of Sharon, silver spire chaste tree, pear trees, bridal wreath spirea, vinca, roses, lilac, flowering quince, Texas sage and pyracantha, among many other species, also share their beauty with the natural surroundings.
- About the business:
- Ponderosita Ranch has been home to South Wind Equestrian Center for many years. The business can optionally be purchased along with the property. The facility provides equine assisted mental health services, is also a full-care horse boarding and riding lesson facility. It is is located on Ponderosita Ranch, and offers 6 lounging paddocks built for a capacity of 20 horses with underground water lines, a tack barn complete with saddle racks and bridle hooks plus two large stalls, hay storage, wash rack, trailer parking, turnaround area, run-in sheds, thousands of feet of stock fence, no climb horse fence and electric fence, a 70 x 200 ft lighted riding arena with sand footing and rail, two-60 ft round pens, multiple trail obstacles and winding trails in the back for trail riding. This property offers access to additional trail riding in the neighborhood along the quiet neighborhood street and through adjoining properties. South Wind also has a very active web site with a high Google search rating, a Facebook page and excellent reputation for equine therapy, riding lessons, summer camps and full-care boarding. Added touches such as the labyrinth truly make this facility unique and beautiful. See more on the business website. www.southwindequestrian.com
- The Ponderosita Ranch is a unique property that offers a multitude of opportunity! The possibilities are endless for an acreage home or growth on this property with the Airbnb’s, potential special events and retreat center, facility rental for facilitators in yoga etc. and the continuation of equine therapy. Come see it before it’s gone!
- 10 miles
- 10 miles
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
15214 Faubion Trail, Leander, Travis County, Texas