Incredible home on 10 (+/-) UNRESTRICTED acres 30 minutes from downtown Austin. Incredible long distance hill country views. This home was selected for the AIA (Austin Institute of Architects) Home tour 2010. Award winning green design! Equestrian facilities, 25X25 workshop (includes implement shed), negative edge pool with spa, 30,000 gallon rainwater collection system + well, recent solar added. Property has been cleared of underbrush and has 3 pond areas present during average rainfall periods. 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, open kitchen dining and living areas, 400 bottle wine cooler, and flex room off of master suite. 3rd bedroom currently used as an office. Carport designed to preserve view and includes large storage closets. Living area has "NanaWall" folding glass wall system opening to screened-in porch and "storefront" wall of windows toward hill country views. Covered porches include remote controlled heat chimney skylights. dark-sky outdoor lighting, outdoor shower, and outdoor dog or boot washing station. Raised bed garden, surround sound audio system, radiant floor heat in master bath, energy star appliances, low-E thermal-break windows with auto solar shades, and dual-fuel HVAC. Equestrian equipped with full no-climb fencing, horse stalls, round pen, wash room, hay hut feeding shed and hay storage. Well supplies water to irrigation & pool/spa (plumbed to supply water to house as well but never had to use well water in the house). Many more special features come with this unique property!
Watch the video tour #1
- • 2558 sq ft, built in 2009 (completed in 2010)
- • 9.96 UNRESTRICTED acres
- • Custom built, Chris Lewis architect, on Austin Institute of Architects Home Tour 2010, TEK Construction Inc. – builder, voted Dripping Springs builder of the year 2022
- • Structural Metal Framing
- • Certain Teed spray-foam insulation in the roof structure with a sealed attic system
- • 73 solar panels, servicing on average 90% of electricity. (PEC has net metering) Installed 2015, average electric bill is approx. $65/month (for the last 6 years we’ve had the system (2016-2021 full years), 25-year transferrable warranty covering parts and labor
- • Thermal-break low-E 366 and SolarBan insulated glazing on windows
- • 500 gallon buried propane tank
- • 30,000-gallon rainwater collection on whole house (backup well system integrated into house supply)
- • Well (new well pump, replaced in June 2014)
- • Well pressure tank replaced June 2022
- • 3,000-gallon supplemental well tank and supplemental well pump replaced June 2022
- • New well-house, built June 2022. Room for tool storage.
- • 21 station irrigation system in front and back of house
- • 4 12x4 raised bed garden, fenced and irrigated
- • Electric entrance gate
- • Energy Star Appliances
- • Double Electrolux wall oven
- • 2 Induction cooktops – one in island replaced in 2022 (JennAir), main induction is 4-burner (Bosch)
- • 2 kitchen sinks – one in island
- • Dual-fuel HVAC system (heat pump with propane backup emergency heat)
- • Whirlpool Duet front loader HE washer and dryer
- • SS KitchenAid French Door refrigerator, with water dispenser inside refrigerator, ice maker in freezer.
- • SS KitchenAid quiet dishwasher.
- • Radiant floor heating in master bath
- • Screened porch with “NanaWall” from living room and screened skylight to allow light and release of heat and ceiling fan.
- • Ceiling fans in all bedrooms.
- • Lower-level utility and storage room for water heater and rainwater pump and filter system.
- • Pool and hot tub (auto water refill. Can be rainwater or well water. Currently using well water).
- • Outdoor Shower
- • Outdoor dog wash
- • Large front patio (shaded in late afternoon) with water feature.
- • “Hubbardton” Forge lighting inside and outside. Outside lights are dark sky complaint.
- • Automatic electric solar shades on all west and southwest facing windows.
- • Deep covered porch with Big Ass fan, and 3 skylights that open to allow for thermal heat release.
- • Floors - porcelain tile in main living areas, outside front entranceway, and rear screen porch and covered patio, Mesquite wood floor in office, Bamboo wood in bedrooms, slate tile in master bath
- • Surround sound speaker system in living room
- • Master suite has front room that can be used as an office, workout space, or library/reading room
- • Large master closet all built in cabinets with shelves with glass doors, open top shelves, and drawers
- • Whole house speaker system – inside and outside
- • Monitored security system – burglar, fire, and smoke
- • 2 stall (12x12 each) shed row barn with 12x12 tack room that is insulated and has new window A/C unit (as of July 2022)
- 9.96 Acres
- Long Distance Views
- 3 wet weather ponds
- Property clearing – major clearing of dense areas filled with bramble and vines and excess cedar
- Fully Fenced with slick wire + 2 more fenced areas connected to the house
- Big Beautiful Oaks
Horse Facility Features
- • Round pen
- • Wash station for horses (well water)
- • Auto water trough for horses (rainwater)
- • Hay hut and 21x21 metal structure for horse shelter/hay feeding (with rollup/rolldown garage door for inclement weather)
- • 22x21 metal structure for hay storage
- • Entire property fenced with wire no-climb fencing – excellent and very safe for horses and keeping dogs in
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
10404 Wagon Rd W, Austin, Travis County, Texas