First time offered!!
The 232.8 acre Houston Spring Creek Ranch is named for the beautiful creek that feeds the property's 30 acre private lake. The present owner purchased this ranch in 1966 and over the last 5 decades has meticulously developed it in a way that has produced one of the nicest properties that the Upper Leon River valley of Texas has to offer. Just one visit and it becomes obvious of how much thought and care has gone into making this property into a piece of the Lone Star state that any real man of the land would be honored to own!!
TERRAIN: The ranch is located in the gently rolling area of the Western Cross Timbers region of north Texas, and the property's terrain gradually slopes from the western boundary toward the river bottom located to the east. Over those past 50 years, the owner has devoted his attention into improving the hay field and the grassy meadows, with the focus being on livestock production and at present the ranch will sustain a herd of 50 mother cows. In years past and gone, the crops grown on the deep sandy soil of the upland would have been Peanuts and Cotton, thus it is well suited for the present day grass and hay production. This is truly a remarkable property with the gorgeous landscaping, beautiful meadows and dotted Post Oak and Pecan trees adding to its appeal.
WATER: The crown jewel of this ranch is the 30 surface acre private lake that the owner contracted built in 1970. Prater Construction moved 65,000 cubic yards of soil to construct the earthen dam and when they were finished, from the top of the concreted spillway to the bottom of the lake was 26 feet. The lake is stocked with yellowcat, channelcat, black bass and crappie and the owner stated that recently a friend had caught a 57 lb. yellowcat, as well as another yellowcat in the 40 lb range and the largest ever taken out of it was 74 lbs. As mentioned above, the lake is fed by the Houston Spring creek and is truly a beautiful sight to behold and enjoy. In addition to the reservoir, the ranch also has 4 ponds, one of which is next to the residence and is pleasantly landscaped with a Gazebo and a wooden catwalk bridge. The property includes 4 water wells, 2 of which are used for the residence and 2 which could be used for irrigation.
WILDLIFE: Whitetail deer, wild turkey, dove, ducks and other wildlife call this ranch home, and as we mentioned the lake is well stocked with BIG fish!!!
PRODUCTION: The ranch has been used primarily for a cow/calf operation and is well suited for this purpose. Attached to the horse/livestock barn is a wonderful set of all steel working pens complete with a sorting tub and both a calf squeeze chute and a larger cow squeeze chute. The producing Coastal Bermuda hay field covers about 48 acres with approximately 40 acres of it being irrigated under a 4 tower, 3 year old Zimmatic pivot. Water for the irrigation pivot is pumped from the lake by a 3 phase centrifugal irrigation pump.
FENCES: The ranch has excellent fences and cross fences around and dividing the cattle pastures, and has a freshly painted wrought iron and rock column fence extending from the lake, up and around the ranch house and then back down the waters edge.
- RESIDENCE: The sprawling 4 bedroom, 3 bath ranch house with 4,580 sq. ft. of living area was built in the early 80s and on Thanksgiving day in 1984 the family moved into their new home. The residence is all electric, with a low maintenance brick and cedar exterior, concrete slab foundation and a new (2019) metal roof. There are 2 central air systems, 2 wells supplying water, a beautiful yard with an underground sprinkler system (inner and outer zones, 93 sprinkler heads total) and gorgeously designed landscaping highlighted by 2 garden waterfalls. Then we have the in ground swimming pool with a rock patio surrounding, rock sidewalks leading to it from the home, an open 2 car garage, a paved drive, cemented and circular drive in the front, a fenced garden area, more patios and covered verandas than you can remember and so much more!
- Inside we find a beautiful sunken den featuring a cut stone wood-burning fireplace (with built in blower) a patio door leading out onto the open veranda, but best of all are the gorgeous views through the large picture windows overlooking the in ground swimming pool and the private lake. There is another native stone wood-burning fireplace in the great room which is comprised of the kitchen, the breakfast area and the family room. There is also a spacious trophy/TV/banquet room with an adjacent bath, which is the perfect place for entertaining, getting together with friends, having a party or just to relax after a long day. The well-designed pass through island kitchen features a beautiful set of custom built Oak cabinets with granite countertops, an eating/breakfast bar, all stainless appliances, built-in double oven, microwave, trash compactor and a glass top built-in range.
- The floorplan utilizes a split bedroom arrangement with the master suite being separated from the other sleeping quarters. The master features a sliding glass door with its own outdoor patio which also looks over the pool and lake, a sizeable walk-in closet with built-in shelving and a master bath with tile floors, a double sink vanity, a sunken marble tub and a marble/glass step in shower, all of which are accented with gold accoutrements.
- The other 3 guest rooms are on a wing off the great room and they are served by a full bath which also has a double lavatory vanity.
- With the exception of the baths and the utility room floors being ceramic tile, the rest of the home features well cared for carpet and wood grain laminate. Internet and phone service are supplied via Totelcom out of De Leon.
- Like the ranch, this home has so much to offer and there is really just more here to see and enjoy than can possibly be put into words!!!
Horse Facility Features
- Other Buildings (1) A 50x60 all metal horse barn building with 4 all steel sliding door stalls, a large hay storage area and an 11x26 air conditioned tack room. The barn also has a 22x50 shed on the back for storing equipment. (2) A 30x50 all metal shop with 12 walls, a cement floor, 10 wide and 14 wide overhead doors, 220V electricity and a 30x50 equipment shed on the front. (3) A 40 x 75 insulated steel building with cement floor. The front part is 40x50 inside and has a 10 wide overhead door. The back, storage area is 40x25 with 2 walk-in doors. This building has a 25x75 equipment shed on the front and also has the same 25x75 shed on the back. 220V electricity in this building also. (4) A 26 x 36 metal horse barn with 2 stalls. (5) A 20 ton overhead feed storage bin (6) A fish camp complete with a covered picnic shelter and an enclosed and fully equipped bathroom building.
- 15 miles
- 6 miles
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
1401 Co Rd 497, De Leon, Comanche County, Texas