Heaton Creek is the most picturesque & desirable rural living area in Carter County and arguably in the entire area. Located in the Shadow of Roan Mountain each season brings new & stunning beauty. The area has an active and social community of area enthusiasts and homeowners to enjoy it all. This 58 acre property is arguably the most beautiful property in Heaton Creek and has everything discriminating buyers want; Mountains & mountain views, pond, creeks, waterfalls, springs, fall colors, spring flowers, privacy, elbow room, wildlife, pastures, woods & timber that adjoins a great state park with hiking & riding trails galore. Add to that a property that has buildings and homes to meet any need; farmer, horseman, hobby farmer, landlord and / or entrepreneur. Border's Roan Mountain State Park and it's recreational activities galore.
- The centerpiece is the 2 story home with wrap around porches & entertaining areas to live in it and see it every day. The original 1930 vintage farmhouse has had expansions and renovations over the years to allow a great mix of modern living with all the conveniences yet areas with the great look and appeal of a former era. A very comfortable home with large and small spaces to allow cozy living day to day but ramp up to accommodate the largest family get together when needed. A 2001 addition added a large family room and large master bedroom w/ huge W/I closet above. In 2010 a high quality 800sf+ eat-in kitchen, bath, pantry, mud room and covered porch entertaining area complex was added. An entertainers and cook's dream the kitchen has all the modern conveniences including double oven, gas and electric cook-tops, huge refrigerator/freezer unit, lots of dark granite counter area and massive granite food prep and breakfast bar. With the dining integrated and the covered deck entertaining area adjacent through patio doors this is the place the family congregates and entertains. The balance of the home has a mix of large and small spaces, tons of storage and combination of old and new but all in good condition and too much to include here.
- Garage / Bake Shop - These are adjoining spaces with separate entrances. The building is insulated wood frame structure with metal skin. The garage is high bay having a concrete floor, an overhead door w/ opener 1527sf in size, a pedestrian door, water, electric, and compressed air available inside. The car lift does not convey. The bake shop next door so named since it was used for that purpose previously is 910 sf, finished interior, with an overhead door and a full bath. This is a great hobby space for any activity or can be converted into a living space failrly easily. The commercial cooking equipment inside does not convey.
- Rental house / Guest House / Caretaker house is ultra private on the back side of the property. It is rented but will be vacated in the near future and ready for the new owner's plan for it. It is 1500sf, has spring water for its water supply (never dry according to seller) and a kerosene heating system along with a pellet stove and fireplace. It is 2 bedroom, one bath, has a kitchen and a large living room and den area.
- The Wedding Barn is so named because it is barn that has had its upper level be converted to a large party, family reunion or wedding venue. It is 3100sf on that level and includes a large timber frame party area, a rainy day place to take vows, bride and groom ready rooms, 2 half baths, food prep area and lots of storage. There is 3100 sf on the lower level which is partly been converted for storage but the balance is the barn's original pens and feeding facilities.
- The metal building at the Wedding Barn is attached to the lower level of the barn but is a 962sf metal structure with concrete floor used for storage.
Horse Facility Features
- The barn and stables is currently leased for a horse boarding operation which will cease soon allowing the new owner to use as they desire. The barn is 1845sf and has a 390sf efficiency apartment with one bath at the rear of the barn. Inside the barn there is a tack room, a feed room, and 8 or so stalls and outside runs for horses or other animals. The is at least 568sf of sheds and a 220'X120' riding area. All metal livestock panels are included in the sale.
- Metal Carports - There are 2 metal carports that are each 432sf used for storage which are located at the rear lower level of the wedding venue.
- The are various animal run-in shelters, sheds and carports used for equipment storage which are all included in the sale and have great utility.
- 23 miles
- 23 miles
- 2 miles
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
290 Heaton Creek Rd, Roan Mountain, Carter County, Tennessee