As the name depicts, the Black Hills Horse Ranch is located on the southern edge of the scenic Black Hills between the ponderosa pine and prairie ecosystems of South Dakota. The topography of the ranch is rolling hills and the elevation varies from 3,600 to 4,080 feet above sea level. Native grasses, some sagebrush along with evergreen and cottonwood trees make up the vegetative cover on the ranch, which is located in excellent grass country. The Black Hills Horse Ranch is a quality grass ranch with a variety of species of hard grasses, all high in protein. This well-kept, functional property is ideally suited for someone wanting to live in a rural community or a family wanting to run between 140 to 150 head of cow/calf pairs year-round within close proximity to town and schools. It would be a great equestrian ranch with approximately 30 covered horse stalls, indoor arena, outdoor arena, round cutting pen and Behlen barn.
Watch the video tour #1
- 1,465 sq. ft. ranch-style home with four bedrooms, built in 1991. Wood-frame construction, Masonite siding, asphalt shingle roof. Finished basement.
- The 2,783± acre ranch consists of 1,980.72± deeded acres, 600± State of South Dakota lease acres, and 202.74± BLM lease acres.
- This ranch has ample water which is provided by two submersible wells that produce between 25 and 35 gallons per minute (GPM).
- There are also several seasonal dams located throughout the ranch that provide water for livestock, as well as wildlife.
Horse Facility Features
- 90’x200’ steel indoor arena. 16’ short walls. 2-12 pitch roof. Two 12’x14’ overhead doors on each end. 5’ x 200’ skylights along the south wall.
- 16’x200’ lean-to on the south wall with 14 horse runs. Power and year around water.
- 36’x84’ Behlen stall barn. Nine 12’x12’ Priefert stalls. Feed and tack room. One bedroom apartment in the barn.
- 150’x330’ outdoor arena, 160’ round cutting pen
- 2,160 sq. ft. pole construction shop with metal siding and roof. Concrete flood. Insulated. Small bunkhouse. 2,160 sq. ft. pole barn with metal siding and roof. Part of the floor is concrete and part is dirt.
- 750 linear feet of pipe working corrals with covered squeeze chute and alley.
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
County Hwy FDR16A, Edgemont, Fall River County, South Dakota