Welcome home to this beautiful exceptionally well-maintained, one owner custom built California Red Cedar home and stable barn that sits secluded on 10 wooded acres just minutes west of downtown Carlisle. Privately situated at the end of a long, paved Automatic gated drive - this lovingly cared for home sits atop a wooded hill and gazes down on a riding arena and fenced pasture, a horse lover’s dream. This unique property provides more than a home… it offers an incomparable lifestyle. The 4/5 bedrooms and 3 1/2 bath 3,568 SF “Clean & Green” home boasts a brick fireplace, custom cabinetry throughout, oversized two car attached garage, tiled garage, geo thermal heating, updated appliances, hard wood floors, central vacuum, and an incredible walk out basement that would make for the perfect in-law suite. Manicured lawn and rolling grassy knoll of half wooded and half fenced pasture set the perfect backdrop for this equestrian retreat.
Watch the video tour #1
- Starting from the bottom floor of the 3 level home, the double door walkout leads to level land ingeniously designed to allow a vintage/classic car to be driven in and displayed! The lower floor offers standard HVAC and a wood stove, custom built-in bar, full bath, closet and storage room. Moving upstairs, the main level is stunning with hickory hardwoods throughout. If you’ve been working in the barn, you’ll find the walk-through mudroom an ideal entry before stepping into the bright kitchen of custom cherry cabinetry and island with built-in cook top. Step outside the kitchen patio doors onto a 20’ x 12' tile covered porch to enjoy the lush, green scenery of the woods or you might venture back inside to relax in the 19' x 13' family room with a wall of windows to view the pristine fenced pasture below. On a cool night, you may choose to settle into the sunken living room with its wood burning fireplace, exposed beams, skylights, vaulted ceiling and equally amazing view of the sanded arena.The dining room connects the living room to the kitchen - ideal for family celebrations. From the tiled foyer, follow the oak railing upstairs to the primary suite and 3 additional bedrooms - all with large closets. The primary suite features a built-in cherry cabinetry surround, walk-in closet and full bath. But what sets this home apart is the views. From the top floor, you’ll feel like you’re living in a tree house! This PP&L certified home is heated and cooled by super-efficient geothermal heating with a built-in dehumidifier. The average total electric bill is $192 a month. Burn wood in the winter in the lower floor wood stove and it's practically free to heat the entire house. The 6" insulated Superior company foundation walls, high efficiency Andersen windows, 30" of insulation in the attic plus its own well and septic make this home self-sufficient. The well water & HVAC system are equipped with UV light sterilizing systems. The exterior red cedar on both home and barn was recently stained in June of 2021. This property is IMPECCABLE!
- The property is half wooded and half in fenced pasture.
- 10 Acre Property enrolled in "Clean and Green" with the State of Pennsylvania for reduced property taxes.
- Automatic Gated entrance with keypad or cellphone entry provide privacy and security. Wooded portion of property has many species of harwood trees. There is an abundance native wildlife living on the property including deer, turkey and native birds. The pasture and arena are on the flat portion of the property where the house, barn, woods and outbuilds sit up a bit higher.
Horse Facility Features
- This is a horse property. The owners hosted 6 years of competitions for the Susquehanna Valley Reiners Association. The 5 acres of PVC fenced pasture, 104' x 204' lighted outdoor riding arena with clay base and sand substrate, and heated judge's booth were the ideal setting for the events. The 24’ x 48’ barn with 2 car garage and heated tack room is currently configured with 3 horse stalls on clay base for horse comfort but could be expanded to 5 stalls. The property also features an additional 2 stand alone storage buildings.
- 7 miles
- 5 miles
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
59 Hilltop Ln, Newville, Cumberland County, Pennsylvania