''A Life Well Lived''... This is a rare opportunity to own a magnificent country estate enriched by the legacy of Aviation Lighting Industrialist Warren Grimes. Located 45 mins. West of Columbus and 35 mins. East of Dayton, this family compound consists of 2 spectacular residences. An amazing main barn, tennis courts & clubhouse all on140 acres of beautiful land. One large horse specific barn. Approximately 50 stalls total. Several other farm buildings, garages etc. Wetland. Access on 2 roads with an abundance of road frontage. Built to last, the main residence is constructed of solid stone, copper and slate with a poured foundation. Gorgeous 2nd home is 6 BR/6 bath brick residence, French Country design.140 +/- acres subject to a lot split with a total of 256 acres available.
Watch the video tour #1
Watch the video tour #2
- The first residence, built in 1922, is a 4300 sq.ft. English Manor stone estate with 4 beds/4.5 baths constructed of stone, copper, slate roof and poured foundation. The second resident, built in 1966, is a 4805 sq.ft. French Country brick home with 6 bed/6baths. Tennis court and plus clubhouse offer a great spot for entertaining.
- Wetland area
- Open Pasture
- Hay Fields
- Groves of Trees for Privacy
- Access on 2 roads and private driveway for easy access
- Adjacent to Grimes Field Municipal Airport
Horse Facility Features
- 50 stalls in 3 barns.
- Primary Horse Barn is constructed with concrete block with concrete aisles. It presently houses Saddlebreds and offers 24 stalls, tack room, and circumference exercise riding arena. Additional barns set-up for large horse stalls and foaling stalls.
- Outdoor riding arena with concrete surround.
- Pull-through storage for horse trailer.
- Many other barns including another 26 stalls, and building for machinery, pasture with lean-to.
- Easy access with driveways and parking for horse show events.
- Main Barn would be an ideal spot for square dances.
- 1.4 miles
- 1 miles
- 5 miles
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
1747 N Main St, Urbana, Champaign County, Ohio