Welcome to River Run Farm- equestrian center, estate home, 2000+ ft of river frontage (of which approximately 830 ft encompasses both sides of the river), 28+ usable ac, creek/pond, and mountain views all in the heart of Valle Crucis. Mountain style Lindal Cedar home perched directly over the Watauga River. Luxurious 14-stall horse barn features: 12X12 stalls, a wash stall w/hot & cold water, a massive hay loft, multiple storage rooms, heated office, & a 1BR 1BA managers apt. Adjacent 6-stall barn, work barn, & storage building also included w/property. Board up to 20 horses with ease: 9 fenced paddocks, a 1/2 mile track, riding ring, and & hunter jumper area. 8/9 paddocks have automatic water troughs. Beautifully landscaped, this property has a spring fed pond & flat lush green pastures. The family home offers 3 master suites & multiple living areas. Enjoy truly spectacular views from the expansive 3/4 wrap around deck. Walk directly down into the Watauga River, to some of the best trout fishing waters the High Country has to offer. This property is a perfect venue for weddings & special occasions. This property comes mostly furnished, horses not included. A truly special estate.
Watch the video tour #1
Watch the video tour #2
- The Mountain Lodge
- Become immediately enthralled with the towering cathedral and giant portrait windows of this classic 3-story Lindal Cedar lodge. On the main floor, an open concept brings together living, dining, and an office/sunroom, while the galley style kitchen features new stainless-steel appliances and Corian countertops. The warm tones of the hardwood floors and a stone fireplace with gas logs creates a rustic but comfortable atmosphere. A separate breakfast room leads out on to the expansive wrap-around decking, overlooking the Watauga River and infinite pastures.
- The master suite overlooks the estate from the top floor, with beautiful vaulted ceiling and 2 large closets. The spacious and well-planned master bath features “his & her” quarters with adjoining shower and 6-jet jacuzzi tub.
- On the walkout level, enjoy a cozy living area with a gas stove and lightly pickled T&G ceilings. There is a large en suite with a secluded office/sitting area and a private rear entry overlooking the Watauga River.
- Adjacent to the lodge is an adorable kid's cabin and surrounding playground. Featuring electricity for lights and music, soft rubber floors, and a loft attached to a slide- this a sweet and fun place to let your imagination run wild!
- 2000+ ft of the Watauga River forms the backbone of the estate, with approx. 830ft encompassing both sides of the river. Sandy beach areas, calm wading pools, and gushing rapids flow along the shaded river banks, anchored by 300-year old trees. A perfect spot for riding, weddings, special occasions, or a sweet walk with a loved one.
Horse Facility Features
- Travel through a tree lined, private gated entry, to a 14-stall horse barn. Every amenity to provide quality and efficient care for horse boarding has been meticulously taken care of! Each 12x12 stall has sliding oak doors, a window, and above hay drop. There are multiple storage rooms for feed, saddles and other utilities, including an automated fly system and a heated office space. Complete with hot and cold water, a large horse wash stall is located within the barn. The 2nd level is a completely floored hay loft and caretaker's apartment with a private deck. In addition, there is a secondary 6-stall horse and hay barn, plus a fully equipped utility shed and workshop. Between the two barns, you can board up to 20 horses with ease!
- The surrounding grounds are lush and level, featuring 9 paddocks, 8 of which have automated watering troughs. In addition, there is an open 1/2-mile riding track, a fenced riding ring, and a hunter jumper area to provide a fully equipped equestrian experience.
- 8.2 miles
- 2 miles
- 1 miles
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
2128 Broadstone Rd, Banner Elk, Watauga County, North Carolina