A pastoral scene is the backdrop for this fully renovated 1890s farmhouse. Set on 37 magical acres with views of open meadows, woods, bluestone terrace, crystal-clear swimming pond and outstanding rock walls all around the perimeter. As you walk the property each new perspective treats you to a fresh example of nature's imagery, like a painting you would want to step into. All this and yet a short drive to the heart of Stone Ridge.
A barn, set nicely apart from the house, was once used as an artist's studio with a double-height, north light window. There is radiant heated concrete floor in the lower level with a french doors and a blue stone patio on one side. There is room for 2 cars and equipment on the other side. Across the street is a 6.7 acre field for sale separately.
The swimmable pond is fed by multiple springs. The parcel stretches beyond the pond sloping upwards with some seasonal southern views. This is the epitome of elegant country living.
- The original home was built in 1890 and an addition was seamlessly integrated in 2001. That addition includes a great room with an adjacent office/den and a massive primary bedroom above, as well as multiple porches and balconies, a nod to the previous owners' New Orleans heritage. The current owners took it to the next level in 2011 with top-of-the-line fixtures, appliances and unique, custom designed and fabricated details throughout the house. These bespoke touches blend the old with the new, honoring the history of the house.
- Flooring and wall tiles were shipped from a famous salvage yard in the Netherlands. The kitchen sink was carved from a single slab of Brazilian soapstone. Repurposed hutches were added to the mudroom/laundry area. The walls are exquisite Venetian plaster with natural pigments and lime washed in some areas. Lighting fixtures range from modern to antique. Hardware was custom made. A comprehensive list of these fine details and the artisans that produced them is available upon request.
- The first level offers many options for living and entertaining. The main entry is under a covered front porch through a lacquered red door. A chef's kitchen, is the heart of the original section of the house with an AGA range in addition to a Wolf range. The dining room is just off the kitchen and main stairway. There’s a side entry to the house, covered by a climbing hydrangea, which enters into a spacious mudroom/laundry with a full bathroom for showering after jumping into the pond or working in the garden. Off the dining area is the new wing of the house, a great room bathed in light with a Rumford fireplace and doors that lead to the expansive veranda. An office/den is tucked away off the living room.
- There is a front and back stairway leading to the second floor. In the main bedroom, we see again the finest Venetian plaster walls shimmering in turquoise and mica flecks with high gloss painted trim. The primary bathroom is a work of art unto itself. No expense was spared from the Agape soaking tub to nautilus shell inspired shower clad with Bisazza mosaic tile. The remaining bedrooms are in the original section of the house and were designed with storage closets and built-in nooks for the beds. The bathroom for this area has a full-size tub and imported English plumbing fixtures with antique tiles shipped from the Netherlands.
- There is a 37 acre lot with spring fed pond. Across the street is an additional parcel for sale that goes with the house for $375,000. This is a 6.7 acre field with small horse barn.
- 15 miles
- 5 miles
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
40 Mary's Ln, Stone Ridge, Ulster County, New York