A Nature Lovers Dream! Your own "lodge" with the ability to live off the grid on your own 24.60 acre wildlife preserve with two ponds, totally free of any dependency on outside energy sources? Here is that unique haven opportunity two hours from NYC. Less than 20 miles from HITS, Saugerties Series. A unique private country property in the low property tax township of bucolic Olive and only minutes to the lovely Ashokan Reservoir.
- This unique 2,652 square foot home (32 by 76 with 12 inch walls) is custom constructed with locally harvested native Catskill lumber, from framing to finishing treatments. It features interior walls, doors, cabinetry, and accessories of native yellow birch, oak, and cherry ¾ by random width board paneling. Each board has been meticulously selected and vertically installed to accentuate each board’s grain and coloration characteristics. The exterior is sided with pine board and batten installed over doubled 2x4 nine-inch wall frame thickness insulated to a super-high (50+) insulation R-value; the ceiling is insulated to super-high (75+) insulation R-value; heat loss is no issue. Ultimate comfort is provided by an earthen heat pump and solar-powered hot air system; hot water is provided by a heat pump heater. Hot water heater is a hybrid, built 2010, GE, model GEH50DNSRSA, 50 gallon. Heat pump and air handler run on electric. Automatic air handler does 4 to 5 air changes a day. This tightly insulated dwelling, powered by solar, currently receives annual dollar credit from the regional utility company and is equipped with an emergency full-house L.P. generator. Windows are top of the line Pella casement type with integral, as well separate, insulated adjustable blinds. The lower level has an open floor plan with windows typical to upstairs level windows offering a multitude of future use options. Everything is custom built by a credentialed technologically discerning owner with an environmentalist John Burroughs type appreciation of the natural. Feel safe and secure here; protected by full-featured house alarm system; driveway entry alert; outside dusk to dawn lamplight on electric service pole, all optionally controlled. Enjoy high, internet speed at 230Mps download/11Mps upload. A unique private country property in the low property tax township of bucolic Olive;
- Bordered by hundreds of acres of State Protected lands
- PROPERTY CLASSIFICATION is 240" *A year-round residence with 10 or more acres of land; may have up to three year-round dwelling units."
- There are 2 ponds on the property with bass and yellow perch; one is spring fed and the larger one is fed by the Butternut Creek which runs through the property.
- 480Ft. Deep Well with about 50Ft. Head”
Horse Facility Features
- An attached barn-like huge 32' by 32' garage, with 6 inch walls and 1 inch rigid
- foam garage doors.
- Garage doors are 10' by 10' and 7.5' tall by 8'
- 15 miles
- 5 miles
- 1 miles
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
169 Ridge Rd, Shokan, Ulster County, New York