ACREAGE INCREASED TO 90 ACRES! This property offers fully operational features for horse stabling and rotational cattle grazing. Additional buildings present a multitude of agricultural, commercial or hobby uses. The stunning views will take your breath away. Once used as a wedding venue serving 150 guests with no shortage on space. This well-maintained farmstead is being offered for sale on approximately 90 acres. Excellent candidate for organic certification as no chemicals have been used on this property for over 30 years.
- This totally renovated 2-story 1865 farmhouse and multiple outbuildings offers many possibilities; such as rotational beef operation, organic farmland, horse stable or scenic wedding venue, just to name a few. Property sits in the Town of Fenton, Broome County, New York State, with spectacular views. Property includes 90 Acres on Tax ID 070.00-1-6.11 and Tax ID 070.00-1-6.2. The farmhouse was renovated to the frame, including electrical wiring, heating and plumbing systems, insulation, foundation and metal roof. The semi-open 1st floor allows just enough separation of space between living areas. Laundry and full bath complete the 1st floor. The 2nd floor opens to an ample primary suite with a walk-in closet and 4-piece bath with jetted tub. The main bath features a step-in shower. A den connects two spacious secondary bedrooms.
- 100 amp electrical circuit breaker system (1997)
- Whole-house generator fueled by propane or gas (2019)
- Wood-fired whole house boiler housed in shed
- Well pump and pressure tank (2016)
- Propane water heater (2016)
- Propane furnace (2022 - baseboard hot water)
- Metal roof (2020)
- Concrete filled ICF foundation replacement (80% - 2014)
- Concrete basement floor (2014)
- Tax map #070.00-1-6.2, 4.43 acres surrounding house and outbuildings, and Tax map #070.00-6-6.11, 85.10 acres of open and wooded lands zoned agricultural. Property sits among rolling forest covered hills with rivers running through the valleys. The views are spectacular. The beautiful Finger Lakes Region, Brookfield Trail System, Cooperstown and Syracuse are about an hour away. Cornell University Equine Hospital is an hour away as well. Farm is situated on open level ground which gently slopes upward toward wooded acres in the back. County road is well maintained and sees very little traffic. Electric power is provided by New York State Electric and Gas. Telephone, cable TV and high-speed internet are provided by Frontier. Cellular signal is strong.
- Eight horse paddocks are fenced with electrified coated high-tensile safety wire. Additional open fields are fenced with electrified high-tensile wire for rotational grazing of cattle. Nine frost-free water hydrants supply gravity-fed spring water throughout fenced areas. High volume producing natural springs fill the 1,200 gallon concrete reservoir which supplies this water system by way of 1¼” PVC pipe placed at a depth of 5’ underground.
- TOTAL OF 90 ACRES
Horse Facility Features
- This property features fully operational facilities for horse stabling and rotational cattle grazing. Additional buildings present a multitude of agricultural, commercial or hobby uses. It is an excellent candidate for organic certification as no chemicals have been used on the property in over 30 years. The stunning views once served as a beautiful backdrop for a wedding venue serving 150 guests.
- Main barn (40' x 168') boasts a full gambrel hay loft for dry storage. The first floor contains 21 box stalls along with many bonus storage areas and separate rooms to suit your needs. Ceiling height is 8.5' with a 10' wide center aisle. Stalls vary in size from 11.5 x 9' to 11.5 x 12', all having 4' sliding doors. New 200 amp electric breaker service was run throughout in 1998. Water is provided by a gravity-fed spring water reservoir.
- The single-story Morton Building formerly housed a milking parlor. This building measures 28' x 96' with a 20' x 30' addition which was formerly used as the milk house. The building is fully insulated and powered with 400 amp electric service. The milking parlor pit remains beneath a framed floor.
- The equipment shed is a clear-span building measuring 46' x 118' with 16' sidewalls. It offers use as an enclosed riding arena, hay or equipment storage. Building is equipped with 150 amp electric service. A frost-free water hydrant is just 12 feet away.
- The 4th structure is a 1-story steel building with concrete floor, water and 60 amp electric service. This building offers run-in options and is currently utilized as cattle containment. A frost-free automatic waterer is installed here, supplied by gravity-fed spring water.
- Plenty of level land surround these buildings offering options should you require a large riding arena.
- 14 miles
- 8 miles
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
630 Beartown Rd, Port Crane, Broome County, New York