This 5 bedroom, 5- and 1-half bathroom custom colonial-style home built in 1999 is a retreat nestled in one of the most desirable sections of Tewksbury Township nestled on over 7 acres features exceptional architectural features inside and out with sweeping vistas over gardens, woods, and golf features. Interior spaces of the home have been thoughtfully-considered with attention to detail in the treatment of millwork and windows. A traditional but open floor plan between rooms with separation between formal and informal entertaining areas allows this home to strike the perfect balance between a cozy place to call home that is also appropriate throughout the seasons for formal entertaining or informal gatherings of family and friends.
Detailed finishes accent the architecture and functionality of the home and include generously-sized rooms, painted walls with decorative or single color paint, crown mouldings, baseboard moldings, coffered ceilings, wainscotting, oak hardwood floors throughout the first and second levels with contrasting decorative accents, 6-panel interior doors, a sweeping main staircase and a secondary interior staircase, and three fireplaces. Generously-scaled windows enhanced with transom windows and recessed lighting throughout the home bring natural and supplemental light into the room throughout the day. Views from every window in the house of the mature, well-planned landscaping as well as walkways, patios, a deck, and an open front porches unite the home with its stunning natural setting.
The home is set back from a meandering country road and accessed by a paver driveway accented with Belgian block curbing. A circular driveway element is a formal-but-functional welcoming area at the primary and secondary entrances at the front of the home and there is a separate area for overflow parking and access to the built-in garage. A deep bluestone patio sheltered by river birches and accented with perennials welcomes visitors to this home by way of its open front porches accented with second floor balconies and bluestone steps. The main entrance to the home is marked by a custom, solid wooden door flanked by sidelight windows and the secondary entrance also features a separate bluestone porch below a second-story balcony.
- Passing through the elegant front door, guests are welcomed to the home by way of a two-story entrance foyer accented by a sweeping staircase, chandelier, and custom, inlaid medallion detail in the hardwood floor. From the foyer, guests can access the formal or informal areas of the house. This area also includes two coat closets flanking the front door as well as a powder room with wooden vanity cabinet with marble top and bronze plumbing fixtures, decorative mirror, sconce lighting fixtures, and limestone tile floor with decorative accents.
- The formal spaces of the home include the living room, dining room, and library. The living room features a coffered ceiling with hand-painted mural detail, wood floors with accent border, and oversized true divided light windows each topped with a transom window detail. The living room leads to the family room by way of two pocket French doors. The living room also leads to the wood-panelled library through a double French doors. The library features oak floors, extensive built-in cherry cabinetry, shelving, and detailed mouldings including a coffered ceiling. This cozy room has plenty of natural light from the three sides of oversized windows including a bay window detail topped with transom window detail overlooking garden views. The dining room can be accessed from the foyer. Its window detail mirrors the oversized windows with transom window detail of the rest of the first floor of the house and the room’s decorative accents include a hardwood floor with inset border detail, chair-rail moulding above picture frame wainscoting, accent molding on the ceiling, decorative boss detail accenting a glass chandelier, and decorative painting on the walls above the chair-rail. The dining room connects to the kitchen which can also be accessed from the foyer through double French doors.
- The spacious kitchen is flooded with natural light and is the heart of the informal spaces of the home. It features custom maple cabinetry, granite countertops with an undermount stainless steel double sink with gooseneck spray faucet, decorative tumbled travertine tile backsplash, and a large center island workspace with accent lighting and granite countertop with cabinets and countertops matching the rest of the kitchen. Stainless steel appliances include 6-burner KitchenAid cooktop with downdraft, KitchenAid double wall oven, KitchenAid dishwasher, and KitchenAid French door refrigerator with freezer drawer. An oversized dining area in the kitchen accommodates a large table and overlooks the deck and backyard through oversized windows. Additionally, the deck can be accessed by a glass door from this area. This eat-in area is the connection between the kitchen and the family room of the house and incorporates a wet bar with a brass sink and faucet over cabinetry matching the rest of the kitchen. The transition to the family includes half-walls accented by decorative millwork including picture-frame wainscoting and columns. The focal point of the family room is a gas-burning fireplace with natural fieldstone surround, accented by a floor-to-ceiling white millwork mantle. Double French doors from the family room open onto the deck and are echoed on the other side of the family room by the pocket French doors to the living room, allowing a flow of guests and family between indoor and outdoor spaces as well as informal and formal spaces.
- A pantry area connects the kitchen to the other service areas of the home, including a first floor laundry/mudroom with coat closet, and pantry closet, ceramic tile flooring and access to the garage and backyard, pantry closet, a full bathroom with shower stall, as well as a room currently used as an office and outfitted with built-in desks, shelving, and cabinetry which could serve as a professional office because of its separate access to outside through a covered porch. If the built-in cabinetry were removed in whole or in party, this room could also serve as an au-pair or in-law bedroom with its nearby full bathroom. This rear/service area of the kitchen also features the secondary, rear staircase which currently has a chairlift which could be easily removed.
- Access to the second floor of the home is by way of the turned staircase from the foyer which opens into the second floor hallway off which upstairs bedrooms and attic access are located. The finish quality of the second floor hallway is consistent with the rest of the house with its high ceiling, radius corner finishes on walls, chair-rail, and oak flooring.
- The master bedroom suite features a bedroom, sitting room, two walk-in closets, and en suite bathroom. Flooded with natural light from a wall of double-hung windows overlooking the backyard, the sitting room’s focus is a gas fireplace with marble surround and painted wooden mantle. Oak floors and a chandelier complete the space. The spacious master bedroom has a tray ceiling, and access to two walk-in closets and the bathroom. The master bathroom features an extended wooden vanity with two sinks and a makeup area, a stall shower with marble tile, and glass door enclosure, soaking tub, and separate toilet room.
- Additional bedrooms of the home are on the second floor and feature oak flooring. Two of the bedrooms at the front of the house share a bathroom in a Jack-and-Jill configuration with two sinks and a separate toilet/bath room with a tub shower with glass sliding doors. One of these bedrooms features a double-reach in closet and the other a small walk-in closet. Across the hall, an additional bathroom has en suite access to the main bathroom which features a skylight, double-sink vanity and separate toilet/bath room with tubshower with sliding glass doors. This bedroom also features a walk-in closet. The largest of the second floor rooms currently used as bedrooms is at the end of the hallway and could be used as a recreation room if the office on the first floor were to be used as a bedroom. This room has two walk in closets and ceiling fan, and is flooded with natural light with views over the gardens.
- The second floor is completed by a large linen closet as well as a spacious and sunny laundry room with cabinetry, countertop, and stainless steel sink. Access to the full, unfinished attic is from the center of the second floor hallway by way of a straight staircase accessed through a door. The attic is flooded with natural light from multiple skylights.
- The finished, daylight, walkout basement of the house provides additional living space as it is finished with the same quality finishes as the other levels of the home and has high ceilings. Neutral Berber-style carpeting accents the recreation room area with an inset tile area where double French doors yield access to the outdoor recreational spaces. Additional spaces in the walkout basement include an elegant theater room, gym/workout room, full bathroom with glass-enclosed shower, and wine closet. Additional unfinished space in the basement could be finished for additional living space if needed.
- Outside the family room and kitchen, a large, wood deck overlooking the backyard gardens, orchard, and woods creates and additional living space connecting the interior and exterior spaces of the home and has plenty of room for a large dining table and grilling area.
- The home has an attached, first-floor, oversized 3-car garage with automatic door openers, a side entrance door, and storage/workshop area.
- Systems of the house include three-zone forced hot air heating benefitting from the effciency of heat pumps supplemented by propane, three-zone central air conditioning updated in 2016 with humidifier, central vacuum, security system, propane-fired hot water heater, water treatment system, wiring for portable generator, well water, septic system, smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors, and fire extinguisher.
- Exterior features of the home include GAF asphalt dimensional shingle roof (2018), stone facing and newly-painted (2018) HardiPlank siding. The exterior (and interior) of the home were repainted in 2018.
- The property has a property tax benefit from farm assessment made possible because of the productive use of 5 acres of the land. Fenced gardens with raised beds have made abundant crops of vegetable possible. Mature fruit trees bear bushels of peaches, pears, cherries, and plums, and additional mature fruit-bearing plants include grapes, blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries. The property includes wooded areas with cleared walking paths and a hidden clearing. A 1,500 square foot putting green/short game practice area with 5 tees ranging from 15 to 110 yards with 2 sand bunkers on the property offer golf enthusiasts the opportunity to practice in between visits to any of the many local golf courses.
- 13.5 miles
- 5.6 miles
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
30 Homestead Rd, Tewksbury Township, Hunterdon County, New Jersey