This classic 4 bedroom, 2.1 bathroom Colonial-style home is set back from the road in a neighborhood of farms and upscale homes on road on 15.09 farm-assessed acres. Rockaway Run Farm is perfect for a buyer who is looking for a property for livestock, farming or the potential to build an additional single-family home. The home’s interior includes a floor plan that flows well for day to day living while affording the spaces required for family gatherings and other entertaining.
This farm-assessed property is located in one of the most desirable sections of Tewksbury Township, in Hunterdon County, near the historic village of Oldwick, and area renowned for its natural beauty, private estates, and upscale lifestyle marked by the popularity of equestrian sports related to the nearby Essex Hunt Club, United States Equestrian Team Foundation, and multiple private polo fields within the township. It is convenient to private and public schools, shopping, golf courses, country clubs, commuter highways (Interstate 78 and 287), buses and trains to New York City, and airports including Newark Liberty International Airport and smaller regional airports.
Watch the video tour #1
- The home welcomes visitors through a front porch with brick steps leading to a large foyer. The entrance foyer offers a large coat closet and connects to the family room, kitchen, living room, powder room and family room. The living room features hardwood floors, a large bay window with window seat flanked by custom built-in shelves and cabinetry overlooking the side yard with views of pastures. The dining room which is located across the foyer features a chair rail with wainscoting, crown molding and hardwood floors opens to the eat-in kitchen. The kitchen overlooks the backyard and features wood cabinets, expansive counter space, a new stainless steel LG refrigerator, a tiered center island with a six burner cooktop. The eat-in area has additional custom cabinetry and glass sliding doors connecting to the deck. The attached mudroom features a large pantry and garage access. The family room features a wood-burning fireplace with oak paneling with dental molding running the length of the mantel. Oak paneling continues throughout the family room where an additional bay window overlooks the side yard and pastures. Sliding glass doors allow access to the expansive deck.
- The entertaining spaces of the home are completely separate from the private living spaces of the home with all of the four bedrooms and full bathrooms located on the second floor. The master bedroom suite features a walk-in closet and an updated en suite bathroom. The renovated master bath was expanded to include two separate sinks, custom cabinetry, a stall shower and separate soaking tub nestled under a large window overlooking the backyard and radiant heat flooring.
- Like the master bedroom, the home’s three additional bedrooms feature hardwood floors, closets, and copious natural light throughout the day. The main bathroom features a double vanity with corian top, tub-shower, and ceramic.
- The unfinished, walk-out basement has ceilings high enough for the space to be finished, which would add additional living space to the home and features laundry facilities and a workshop. The systems of the home include forced hot air heating fired by an oil-burning furnace with a new oil tank above-ground inside the basement, central air conditioning, 200 ampere electrical service, well water, smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors, and fire extinguishers.
- The backyard features a wooden deck with an expansive large awning that offers ample shade. An in-ground pool is surrounded by a concrete patio and has a new liner.
- The attached, 2-car garage is suitable for storage of cars on the main level of the home. The grounds are graced by mature trees and plantings offering privacy.
Horse Facility Features
- A large barn features 8 stalls, a heated tack/feed room, a center aisle, and a loft that holds up to 350 bales of hay. A 20’x40’ pole barn with four bays is perfect for equipment storage or cars. The barn facilities are connected to over 10 acres of pastures/paddocks with split-rail fencing and a 24’x12’ run-in shed. A professionally-installed riding arena is located out of sight of the house and features multiple layers of footing and is perfect not only for dressage but other equestrian disciplines. Currently occupied by horses, the barn is suitable for use with various types of livestock, including horses, sheep, alpacas, llamas, goats, and chickens. The property is adjacent to miles of riding trails on the Tewksbury Trail System.
- 14 miles
- 4.8 miles
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
62 Potterstown Rd, Tewksbury Township, Hunterdon County, New Jersey