At the end of a private country lane and white fence-lined drive you'll find this ultimate New England estate in historic Concord, MA. Welcome to 286-313 Shadyside Avenue, a distinctive, custom designed and built equestrian facility nestled on 23 level acres, just 20 minutes to Boston.
Offered for sale for the first time this elegant and meticulously cared for property offers exceptional amenities and luxury for you and your horses.
Surrounded on 3 sides by sprawling conservation land providing the ultimate in peace, privacy and riding space, Shadyside Stables consists of a stately 6BR MAIN HOUSE w/circular courtyard entrance, exceptional features, fine craftsmanship and attached 3-car garage, a 15 Stall insulated BARN w/solar panels, an INDOOR RIDING ARENA w/GGT competition footing, irrigation & viewing room, 15 GRASS FIELDS & PADDOCKS including an outdoor ring w/GGT competition footing & irrigation, plus 2 exterior stalls, 2 outbuilding storage sheds, 2 full RV hookup spaces and a charming 2BR GUEST HOUSE. Stunning & private, Shadyside Stables offers endless opportunities.
Watch the video tour #1
- Offering 6,500SF and 4 levels of exceptional features and fine craftsmanship, this home offers multiple living spaces for relaxing and gathering.
- You'll quickly notice its easy flow, perfect for entertaining and the tranquil panoramic property views from every window.
- A grand two-story Foyer welcomes you & your guests, flanked by the fireplaced Living Room & elegant Dining Room.
- A Cherry wood paneled Library includes a wet bar with a copper sink & French doors to the Patio.
- The Chef's Kitchen, a spacious Breakfast Area with skylights & adjoining Screened Porch provides abundant views of the natural landscape. High-end appliances, custom cabinetry, granite countertops, a walk-in pantry, and a center island with a range & wine fridge are just some of the highlights.
- Gathering spaces include a breathtaking & spacious 2-story Family Room with a handsome, floor-to-ceiling stone fireplace & wall of windows with views of the patio & private backyard.
- The home easily accommodates large parties & get-togethers. Double sets of French doors lead to the terrace, where your guests can mingle while admiring the grounds.
- Made for al fresco dining, the Screened Porch with slate floor & ceiling fan may become one of your favorite spaces to relax & reconnect with a luminous New England country landscape to enjoy everyday.
- Luxurious & bright, the second-level Primary Suite features a vaulted ceiling, gas fireplace, large spa & steam shower bath.
- 4 Additional Bedrooms, each with Ensuite Baths complete the 2nd level while 3rd floor provides Bedroom 6, a Full Bath and abundant space for storage with expansion possibilities.
- Lower Level offers Exercise Room, Recreation Room & additional storage space.
- 15 White fenced GRASS FIELDS & PADDOCKS include a 250' x 100' outdoor ring with GGT competition footing & irrigation plus 4 covered, stone dust medical paddocks.
- Frost-free spikots throughout the fields.
- Located in the heart of historic Concord there is easy access to Minuteman National Park for walking and biking— including miles of paths retracing the route that the British Redcoats followed on their march to Concord on April 19, 1775.
- A charming & renovated, ANTIQUE, 2 BEDROOM GUEST HOUSE, Circa 1890 is sited at the front of the property with sweeping landscape views, currently serving as rental income property.
Horse Facility Features
- Luxury, convenience and enjoyment for you and your horses.
- 15 Stall, tongue & groove, insulated BARN with full foundation & valuable storage in the second-floor oversized hayloft is within steps of the main house.
- Features include mahogany doors, stainless steel bars, matted floors, video security in every stall, tack room with custom cabinetry & granite countertops.
- Heated areas include tack room, wash stall, restroom, commercial laundry room, office & viewing room with kitchenette, where as a hub for barn activity, all can enjoy comfortable viewing of the INDOOR RIDING ARENA.
- Whether for commercial use, hobby, dressage training, jumping, roping or riding therapy, the 200' x 72' INDOOR ARENA provides a safe & comfortable environment for horses & riders with thoughtfully designed layout, ventilation and functionality.
- ARENA highlights include GGT competition footing, watering system, overhead lighting, composite white kickboard, oversized doorways & walls of screened windows offering airflow & natural light.
- Work with your horses year round, rain or shine.
- Two exterior stalls & two outbuilding storage sheds.
- 4 miles
- 2.5 miles
- .5 miles
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
286 Shadyside Ave, Concord, Middlesex County, Massachusetts