Sunlit Farm is a well made residential 40 acre working horse farm near Fair Hill. An “turn key” opportunity with large main residence, and facilities and pastures for up to 16 horses with plenty of room to expand. The barns, stables, outbuildings, and fencing are well maintained and functional, and the main house is large energy efficient home with modern features and appliances. The farm is situated in the future growth area of Cecil County providing opportunity to benefit from future development.
- The large main residence (3000+ sqft) has 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, kitchen, living room, dining room, sunroom, office and family room. The exterior is cedar wood siding with rooftop solar for water heating and separate solar for generating electricity. The original home dates from the 1920’s and has been expanded, updated and improved over the years.
- HOME ENTRANCE: Main access is gained off the 14x18 foot deck
- LIVING ROOM: 11x17, with cathedral ceiling, casement windows, overhead fan, french doors out to 12x20 screened in porch with door to outside.
- KITCHEN: 15x17, Gas stove, gas oven, dishwasher, double porcelain sink, vinyl floor, lot of cabinet space and sliding drawer pantry. Built in desk area.
- POOL TABLE ROOM: 13x19, carpeted, small french doors from kitchen, floor to ceiling windows on one wall, casement window on other. Could be office, workout, music room, etc.
- FAMILY ROOM/DINING ROOM: 16x25, beam ceiling, fireplace with insert and stainless steel chimney liner, hardwood floor in family room with sliding glass door to outside white brick patio. Ceramic impregnated Pergo floor in dining room,
- OUTSIDE ENTRY MUD ROOM/HALL: 6x16, hanging hooks, shelves and tile floor. Has saloon doors separating mudroom from hall which has a large coat closet. This hallway leads to kitchen and dining room.
- BEDROOM FIRST FLOOR: 10x14, bi-fold door for closet with shelves behind hanging area, carpeted floor.
- FULL BATH IST FLOOR: 7x10, tub/shower, linen closet, vinyl floor, additional large linen closet in hallway.
- BEDROOM 2ND FLOOR: 10x17, carpeted floor, double windows for cross ventilation.
- BEDROOM 2ND FLOOR: 16x18, hardwood floor, ceiling fan, beamed cathedral ceiling, indirect lighting, sky light, two sets of closets.
- FULL BATH 2ND FLOOR: 5x10, tub/shower, vinyl floor.
- MASTER SUITE 2ND FLOOR: 16x31, carpeted floor, ceiling fan, beamed cathedral ceiling, indirect lighting, sky light, laundry room, 8x12 closet, double sink, shower. Sliding door to second floor deck (7x21) with outside steps to ground level.
- BASEMENT: 850 sq ft basement with dirt floor and stone wall construction. French drain borders the interior walls and includes a sump pump.
- The farm buildings and grounds include 9 stall stable with tack room, hay barn, workshop and 3 vehicle garage. The pastures have three run-in sheds and equine fencing. There is a round pen for training, and a 120 x 120 ft sand surface riding ring. The well supports all the farm and residential activities with plenty of water to spare. A large pond with largemouth bass is on the property along with 10 acres of woods providing privacy, and a stream.
- BARN: 36x60, Nine stalls (12x12) with individual windows, plus cemented floor tack area, removable boards to change two stalls into one 12x24 foaling stall, three separately activated row of lights, outside motion detector light, in barn water hydrant, overhead storage of approximately 250 bales of hay. New architectural shingle roof 2020.
- HAY BARN with STORAGE SHED: 20x40, with 12' high door clearance permitting hay wagons to back in. Attached is a 16x40 building for machine storage or additional stalls. Three bays each with sliding doors.
- STUDIO/WORKSHOP: 24x48, insulated building divided into two 24x24 areas. Walk in door on the studio side. Workshop with an overhead garage door and a built in steel work bench. Wired for fuel oil furnace. New architectural shingle roof 2020. Water hydrant at workshop.
- OUTSIDE FEATURES: Paved driveway, 50' round pen with panels available to expand, 120'/120' outdoor sand arena, trails throughout property, 3 run-in sheds, several separately fenced fields, and pond with bass. 30x60 garden area. 7 acre hay field of timothy and orchard grass. Very peaceful environment.
- SOLAR FEATURES: Owned 26 solar electric panels, separate solar hot water system, separate solar attic fan on home. All installed in 2015. Home also received new architectural shingled roof in 2015.
Horse Facility Features
- Sunlit Farm has been a working horse farm under the same ownership (and resident) for over 30 years. Situated near the expanded Fair Hill complex it is an ideal location for trainers/owners who wish to live and work on the same property near the equestrian center. The farm supports up to 16 horses in current configuration (15 acre area), and has another 15 +/- acres of open fields currently used for hay (producing 850 square bales annually) and crops that can be used for future pasture and/or site of additional equine facilities. Current neighbors include Kentucky Derby and Preakness winning horse trainer, pleasure horse boarding operations and private horse owners.
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
525 Nottingham Rd, Elkton, Cecil County, Maryland