Amazing southern Maine location less than an hour from Portland. 78 acres w/ post and beam home and original farmhouse totaling over 3400 sq feet. 130' barn has attached indoor riding arena and 16 stalls. Set up as an equestrian boarding facility, the location is excellent for many other uses; recreational activities, direct access to snow mobile trails, hunting, 4-wheeling. Make your own maple syrup in the 12 x 17 Sugar shack. Additionally, there is a 1248 sq ft workshop on the property. Building will require some rehab, but opportunities for use might include a workshop, kennel, retail shop, garage, town permitting of course. 15 minutes to Lewiston, 30 minutes to Augusta. Close to golf, dining, winery, playhouse, lakes and only 10 minutes to highway.
Watch the video tour #1
Watch the video tour #2
- The main living quarters are a1700 sq ft open concept post and beam design with soaring ceilings, plenty of light and natural wood. The kitchen, living and dining areas are thoughtfully separated by layout, but no walls. Quality pellet stove will keep you toasty warm, or just use the main furnace. Living room has French doors to the back patio and yard for easy access to cooking or play. The fabulous kitchen has ample storage, counter seating for at least six as well as a separate walk- in pantry complete with farmers sink, plenty of cabinets and refrigeration. This is an excellent spot for canning, soap making or just out of site food prep and clean up. Going up a delightful set of wood beam stairs is the master bedroom and bath which has balconies both inside and out, outside you overlook the property and inside the main rooms.
- Attached to this post and beam living space is the original farmhouse of approximately 1530 square feet. The windows are new, the roof is new and it’s waiting for the next owners to put on the finishing touches. Home has a natural transition from the post and beam living quarters by a hallway which houses the laundry room and a bathroom. There is an entry, 2 bedrooms, a living room, and a fabulous window lined sunporch, which does need rehab. This portion of the home would make an excellent spot for adult children, guest, rental (town permitting) many options, just bring your imagination.
- The 78 acre parcel is roughly 1/3 open and 2/3 wooded. The woods are a mix of hard and softwood. Riding trails wind around the fields and through the woods.
Horse Facility Features
- The 60 x 130 indoor riding arena with attached 36 x 130 barn is beautifully laid out with stalls, tack rooms, grain room, office area and hay loft. Barn has an enclosed 12’ wide pass thru to riding arena, perfect for any type of weather. Building is designed with superb air circulation and has an open and airy feel with many windows, doors and walk out stalls. Six adjacent pastures have electric fencing and water and electric at each site.
- Currently operating as an equine boarding facility, there are 16 matted stalls with Electric at each stall and 10 of the stalls are walk out. The Pasture is roughly 1/3 of the property and bordered by stone walls and mature trees for privacy. Water & electric at each pasture makes animal care a breeze. Six fields, including a driving obstacle course and over 3 miles of riding trails which go around the fields and through the woods. Hayloft holds 1600 bales.
- 10 miles
- 10 miles
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
65 Leeds Junction Rd, Wales, Androscoggin County, Maine