Want to live off the grid, run a Bed & Breakfast, horse ranch/stable, winery; create a wedding venue or outdoor music/entertainment opportunity?This MUST SEE beautiful 4 bed, 5 bath "barndominium" adorned w/100+ yr old reclaimed barn siding, wooden floors upstairs from hay lofts, & natural stone flooring/polished concrete throughout 1st floor! The gourmet kitchen is made for families and entertaining. An 1800's authentic Southern Indiana cabin is an additional 1200 sq. feet living space for in-laws, caretaker, or a rental. All 36 acres of ORGANIC LAND. Located 10 minutes from I-69, and 1 hr from Ft. Wayne, 30 min from Muncie, 1 1/2 hrs from Indy, 3 1/2 hrs. from Chicago.
Watch the video tour #1
- The barn home or "barndominium" is a labor of love for these owners! The unique touches and attention to detail in this home is one of a kind! Owners have enjoyed hosting people from all over the country
- in their Bed and Breakfast, in addition to using it as their primary home.
- Barn House
- -Farm sinks in kitchens, bar, and utility room
- -Large 5’7” x 8’ soapstone island in kitchen w/prep sink and seating for 6
- -Large walk-in kitchen pantry with built-in shelving
- -Amish custom made cabinets in kitchen
- -Sun room in kitchen
- -Tack room between living area and barn with boot/dog wash & stacking washer/dryer.
- -Authentic 1800’s wood cook stove in great room
- -Unique fieldstone and polished concrete floors on main level, all others wood
- -18’ ceiling with fans in great room
- -Large master bedroom includes sitting area with attached master bath (spa tub and double head shower) and large walk-in closet with built-ins
- -Large 54’ side and 46' front porch highlighting double entry doors and beautiful windows
- -Hand hewn beams and restored barn wood throughout.
- -Cast iron, claw-footed tub in one bedroom
- -Custom-made popular interior doors with blacksmith made, replicas of hinges and thumb latches from 1800’s
- -Stucco look plaster
- -Roof is Galvalume and has a lifetime warranty
- -Back barn roof is 10 years old and different brand of roof
- -Sun room roof is only 2 years old
- -All furniture available for purchase as well.
- -Tankless water heaters
- -Authentic 1800’s logs moved from Southern Indiana (first for interpretation at Conner Prairie) and re-erected on property
- -Cabin on full basement (plenty of storage: washer/dryer, refrigerator, and large chest freezer
- -cabin has modern kitchen, bathroom, and bedroom w/Murphy bed added on
- -Sleeping loft
- -Custom made poplar doors, hinges, and thumb latches in main cabin
- -Large brick cook-in fireplace
- -Kitchen added 8 years ago and Bedroom added 2 ½ years ago.
- -Tankless water heater
- 36 acres
- -3 fenced pastures with water access.
- -Organic soil (except for yard over septic fingers, land, and grass along lane coming in to ranch)
- -Amazing property with even more potential of a destination or living off the grid.
- 6 miles
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
3177 W 200 S, Hartford City, Blackford County, Indiana