Welcome to Buena Terra Canyon Ranch! Offering approximately 22-acres of prime agricultural land in the Santa Barbara County foothills, the lush terraced grounds share a custom-designed 6,000sq.ft.+/- Mediterranean-inspired residence, multiple outdoor entertaining spaces, a pool, and fully appointed 6-horse barn with apartment set against breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean. As befits a ranch of this stature, the meticulously maintained equestrian facilities have been home to some of the world’s most recognizable horses.
Watch the video tour #1
Watch the video tour #2
- A magnificent 9’ wooden front door makes a striking first impression while revealing breathtaking ocean views beyond. The masterfully crafted floor plan creates an ideal social flow that’s perfect for entertaining and epitomizes the indoor-outdoor lifestyle of Santa Barbara.
- The elegantly appointed living room flows seamlessly into the formal dining room, which opens through French doors to a covered lounge and entertaining area with an outdoor fireplace, sparkling pool, and expansive patio and backyard.
- Enjoy watching some of the world’s best horses train from the fully-appointed chef’s kitchen featuring top-grade appliances, ample storage, an over-sized 12’ breakfast bar and discrete butler’s pantry.
- Dramatic arched iron-and-glass doors in a Moorish style fill the spacious family room with natural light and open to the serene backyard. Casual banquette dining can be enjoyed in the nearby breakfast room, thoughtfully designed to take advantage of the soft morning light.
- Set behind the kitchen, a mud room, laundry room and powder room complete the east wing and offer the perfect transitional space from the garage or outdoors. The laundry room has an exterior entrance for added convenience.
- The primary suite is thoughtfully sited on the west-side of the residence. Accessed through thick double-doors, the suite includes a generously sized bedroom with cozy fireplace, walk-in closets, a vanity area and a large, flexible alcove that opens onto a private trellised patio, which can be used as a small gym, reading area or nursery.
- A well-appointed study with fireplace and built-in bookcase is nestled within the suite, but can also be accessed through a separate exterior entrance.
- Two exceptionally-appointed guest suites complete the west wing of the home.
- While the sun-drenched valley hosting Buena Terra Canyon Ranch is best known today for its exclusivity, it enjoys a rich agricultural and ranching heritage. The organic farm on the property is believed to be the longest continuously operating organic farm in California, currently leased to Sunrise Organic Farm.
- In your own valley, any level of interest in agriculture can be nurtured, from creating a small private chef’s garden near the main house to planting a new selection of row crops.
- Supported by AG water and extraordinary acreage, ample opportunities to imagine, explore and expand abound.
- Feel swept back in time yet enjoy all the modern amenities of today in an idyllic setting that embraces a peaceful, honest lifestyle with a back-to-basics simplicity. This extraordinary haven feels worlds away but is only a 15-minute drive from the best of downtown Santa Barbara, the airport, UCSB and Goleta Beach. Enjoy endless opportunity to create your dream escape along the coveted Santa Barbara coast.
Horse Facility Features
- As befits a ranch of this stature, the meticulously maintained equestrian facilities have been home to some of the world's most recognizable horses, including highly decorated Brentina. Discerning horse owners favor the meticulously maintained facilities, unprecedented ocean views and rolling hillsides.
- The facilities include large grass and non-grass turn-out spaces, a quarter-mile track, 12 sheltered pastures with sprinklers, 9 pipe paddocks, cross-ties for grooming, a 60’ covered and lit pen, an extra-large riding arena that accommodates a full dressage court and jump course, and a water training option.
- 3.5 miles
- 4.7 miles
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
6040 La Goleta Rd, Goleta, Santa Barbara County, California