PERMIT READY! EXTREMELY RARE OFFERING! - EXISTING 4-STORY EXQUISITE MASTERPIECE! The BEST forested HOME CAMPUS ideal for Corporate Live/Work/Educate/Entertain! Grand & Awe-Inspiring -blend your own elegant & luxurious dream home w/ your chosen modern corporate component. Own your "Private Getaway" estate set superbly among majestic California Redwoods. Picturesque & Private, this park-like setting sanctuary perched spectacularly atop Woodside, projects dramatically high entryways, soaring ceilings, a multitude of decks, filtered city views & incredible mountain views from nearly every room! "Ahh!" moments abound! REMODEL - APPROVED PLANS allow for a total of 7 BR, 8 Full BA, 6 Half BA, & boasting 19,000+/-sf of living space w/ attached (interior) ADU on 5+ acres, above-garage addition, full gym w/ sauna, 20-seat home theater, wine cellar, infinity pool, tennis court & jogging path. (SMC Plan. Dept. approval is recommended for STABLES, putting green or exterior ADU). PERMIT READY w/ APPROVED ARCH'L PLANS FOR INTERIOR DESIGN RE-COMPLETION! IDEAL for 1031 or CORPORATE RETREAT! Price includes current exist. 4-story structure, arch'l. plans w/ all entitlements & exist. land improvements. (Needs constr. remodeling). After permits are pulled, projected completion time is est'd. @ 12 months.
- Modern Mediterranean Masterpiece
- 1 Reids Roost Road, Woodside, CA 94062
- (Future: 1 Stanford Court, Woodside, CA 94062)
- 7 Bedrooms | 8 Baths | 6 Half-Baths | Approximately 19,000 Sq Ft | 5.03 Acres
- Offered at $5,750,000
- EXTREMELY RARE OPPORTUNITY to purchase, remodel, and show-off one of the very last 4-story, San Mateo County approved, and PERMIT READY, privately owned estates boasting 4 stories and @ 19,000 square feet of living area!
- This upper Woodside, 5+ acre estate, is ideal for a developer, contractor, investor, owner-user or corporate Live/Work entrepreneur. Property is permit-ready and full architectural plans are offered for this current structure remodel / design upgrade, (and with additions inside the same bldg. footprint), on this one-of-a-kind / top of the line estate!
- Seller has obtained San Mateo County Planning Department and Building Department approval. (Property lies in Unincorporated Woodside). The plans have been fully approved and are being offered with the real property sale.
- The current estate already showcases solid building principles but will be further complimented with energy efficient features and a vast multitude of amenities.
- The permit process allows for transformation of the existing 2005-built home with an unused, additional unconditioned/semi-finished INTERIOR space - into a privately gated, whopping 19,000 +/- square foot estate, surrounded by redwood trees, horse trails, and open space.
- Don’t dismiss considerations for possible future structures such as a pool, horse stable, tennis court, private large parking lot, exterior accessory dwelling or building/workshop (subject to planning approval). This is one unique, rare, and amazing opportunity to complete and customize a truly exquisite upper Woodside hidden ‘dream mansion’ into a gem of a masterpiece overlooking the San Francisco Peninsula.
- Current renderings and plans show a professionally designed, expansive, 4 floor, elevator-accessible home, complete with luxurious amenities such as infinity-edged pool, wine cellar & tasting room, 20-seat home theatre, full gym & spa, steam room, entertainment club, over-sized gourmet kitchen with island, specified dining room, open family room with designated library and home office rooms. A full-height generously spaced attic sits above all 4 levels, offering an abundance of storage options, utility access, and 5 estimated heating zones.
- Beyond and along the private access driveway and round-about circle; attached to the main structure, is an oversized 3-car garage suitable for double-decker car racks and ample guest parking. Lushly adorned natural landscaping with private horse-back and jogging trails neighbor the property.
- Bountiful outdoor decks and patios adorn the property. The massively large main house masterpiece is further enhanced by a planned, sizable, attached/interior accessory dwelling unit, (ADU), located on the mezzanine level.
- Entrance to a planned, interior apartment or ADU can be accessed either through its separate, over-sized 2-car garage entrance or from within the interior of the property. The 2-car garage can also accommodate double-decker car racks and is conveniently located on this “ADU level” for ease of access.
- Additional and exquisite features depicting the absolute magnitude of structural strength in this estate, are the 2 lowest levels constructed with deep pilings, steel posts and beams, and concreted pillars. Some of the walls on the lowest level are even approximately 2 feet thick in diameter.
- Once completed, this magnificent, dream home will be a private, unparalleled, and modern masterpiece. Expect nothing but fresh air and the best “closest get-away weekend” with each daily return to your own private, exclusive, and nature-surrounded paradise. This amazing property is zoned for horses/animals with access to close-by hiking and riding trails.
- Offered at $5,750,000, this is a truly amazing opportunity to upgrade and show-off one of the county’s largest homes, if not one of the tallest.
- Price includes current existing structure, permit-ready architectural plans for @ 19,000 sf structure, parcel with all entitlements, and existing land improvements.
- The over-garage 2-bedroom suite addition, home remodeling & construction work are not included.
- Once permits are pulled, project completion time is estimated to be 12 months, dependent upon size and time magnitude of the developer’s construction crew.
- If Buyer chooses not to expand home, there exists the possibility that Buyer might ultimately forego any future opportunity to build out and utilize the maximum square feet of living area that the owner’s extensive efforts and currently approved plans provide.
- Seller had inquired at one point, about changing the name to 1 Stanford Court and that address had been recently available. Due to its elegant presentation, 1 Stanford Court is most suitable for this
- Listed By:
- Cook Properties
- Jeanette Cook
- 1534 Plaza Lane, #234
- Burlingame, CA 94010
- CA DRE 01177961
- Desk 650.344.3447
- Mobile 650.270.3792
- 5.03 acres, nestled inside of a very mature Redwood Tree grove and surrounded by Open Space, (state preserved raw land with trails), on 3 sides. Gated entrance and long driveway lead down to an abundance of not-yet designated arenas or ample parking areas.
- Current non-remodeled home features:
- Horse: Yes, Government Land Access, Riding Trail(s), Unimproved
- Accessibility: Wide Halls/Doors (3 Ft +)
- Storage: Massive amounts of various storage places, including in hidden wine/art work cellar under the home, and a complete utility floor above the home,
- Heating Zones: @ 4-5
- Bathroom: Tub w/Jets
- Interior: Bay Window, Floor Drain, High Ceilings, Security Gate, Skylight, Walk-in Closet, Wet Bar
- Bedroom: 2+ Primary Bedroom Suite/Retreats
- Kitchen: 220 Volt Outlet, Countertop - Granite, Exhaust Fan, Hookups - Gas, Appliances - None, Pantry, Other
- Communication: Fiber Ready, Intercom Laundry:
- Electricity Hookup (220V), Gas Hookup, In Utility Room, Upper Floor
- Construct Type: Steel, Steel Frame, Stucco, Wood , Wood Frame
- Lot Desc: Grade - Sloped Down , Pie Shaped, Private/Secluded
- Cooling: None - not usually necessary as property is on a mountain top
- Other Rooms: Basement - Unfinished 2 floors
- Bonus/Hobby Room, Den/Study/Office, Formal Entry, Great Room, Laundry Room, Library, Recreation Room, Utility Room, Wine Cellar/Storage
- Dining Rm: Eat in Kitchen, Formal Room
- Pool : Not yet
- Energy Sav: Double Pane Windows, Insulation - Unknown, Skylight(s)
- Ext. Amenities: Back Yard, Balcony/Patio, Barbecue Area, Courtyard, Deck, Dog Run/Kennel, Drought Tolerant Plants, Fenced, Other Prop
- Family Room: Separate Family Room
- Roof: Tile
- Fence: Chain Link, Complete Perimeter, Gate/Door Opener
- Security: Fire System - Sprinkler, Secured Garage/Parking, Security Fence, Other
- Fireplace: None yet
- Flooring: Concrete, Hardwood, Marble, Stone, Travertine, Wood
- Stories: 4
- Foundation: Concrete Slab, Piling, Pillars/Posts/Piers, Post & Beam, Reinforced Concrete, Steel Frame Style: Mediterranean
- Heating: Central Forced Air, Heating - 2+ Zones, Propane
- View: Forest/Woods... with a hint of lower mountain/bay city lights
- Garage/Parking Structure(s) One garage holds 3 autos, and another holds 2 autos
- Garage: 5
- Open Parking: Guesstimate: 40 - 80 if later paved and designated
- Features: Attached Garages, Drive Through in front of house, Guest / Visitor Parking, Room for Oversized Vehicle, etc.
Horse Facility Features
- No outbuildings constructed yet, but the home is next to 2, flat, raw land areas, that can be used for horse arenas, stalls, etc. This property is zoned for animal use.
- 12.1 miles
- 8.8 miles
- .10 miles
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
1 Reids Roost Rd, Woodside, San Mateo County, California