Nestled in the rolling hills of the Bay Area Peninsula, lay 9-plus usable acres capturing picturesque views of the surrounding land and magnificent sunsets. This dream property is move-in ready with nature as your playground – the country house, office building, cabin, pastures, organic fields, and trails welcome abundant inspiration. Horse ready in Resource Management (RM) zoning. Tech work ready with current service by Comcast High Speed Business Class Internet and DirecTV, Verizon Wireless and AT&T Landline service available. There is a dedicated 2-inch communication conduit raceway system connecting the office, house, hay barn/storage room, horse barn, tack lockers, upper water tanks and CCTV camera post. This area is within the gorgeous Santa Cruz County wine country. Elevation is between 611-712 feet with a mix of open, forested and developed lands with a sunny exposure. Well set up for fire protection (details available). Half way between two international airports. 25 minute drive to Half Moon Bay. San Mateo County, CA APN #083-260-140.
Watch the video tour #1
Watch the video tour #2
- The main home has 4 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, and serene views from every window.
- The updated chef’s kitchen, updated in 2019, has a large Sub-Zero® refrigerator, Thermador® 6-burner range, center island, quartz counters, is bright and well equipped to create from the flourishing organic gardens and numerous trees.
- All appliances are stainless and there is a sizeable walk-in pantry.
- Hardwood floors throughout the main level and stairs/hallways and carpet in the bedrooms.
- The formal dining room is centrally located near the kitchen and living room with easy deck access.
- The large living room has French doors to the back deck and a large raised hearth fireplace with a wood burning fireplace insert.
- Primary bedroom upstairs is en-suite with a walk-in closet, view windows one is a bay window with large display ledge. The primary bath floors offer heated floors, a deep tub/shower and custom cabinetry.
- The other 3 bedrooms are served by a 2019 refreshed bathroom, also with heated file floors, double sinks and quartz counter tops.
- The hall has a hidden door for the laundry shoot. Just outside is a charming 12x12ft gazebo on a flagstone patio adjacent to a large lawn suitable for significant entertaining.
- Inside laundry room with Electrolux Stacking Washer/Dryer (electric)
- Laundry Room has door to deck, sink, counters, storage closets, and natural light view window.
- Outdoor features are supported by high speed wi-fi and the Sonos music system.
- Septic system, inspected and fully functioning with a extensive, permitted leach field
- Water provided by Cuesta La Honda Guild with an outside user agreement (not within the HOA)
- Driveway alarm announces vehicles approaching from both the home and office.
- Attached 2-car garage with side access door and automatic garage door opener.
- Force air furnace.
- Hardie Plank siding (fire resistant)
- Double pane windows
- Nest smoke detectors
- Wrought iron railings
- 9.5 acres
- Last property on Fernwood
- Separate Office: 800 sq.ft., 3 separate office spaces, coffee bar with sink, exterior half bath, 100 amp electrical sub panel, wired for local stand-by generator, CCTV camera system, wired for high speed internet, tile/wood floors, double pane windows, 5+ parking spaces, attic storage, wired for Sonos music
- Separate Cabin: 200 sq.ft., separate enclosed patio/yard, separate laundry shed with stacking washer/dryer, propane water heater. Has been a caretaker rental for over 20 years.
- Two access roads (Fernwood and Woodland Vista)
- Combination of flat and mild slope
- Fenced and cross fenced for horses
- Metal gates
- Developed and maintained
- One useable well; recently tested and in working order (for farm animal/ag use) - see home water
- Two additional possible wells, not used or tested
- Fire hydrant
- Propane tank, owned, 250 gallon (currently served by Ferrell Gas).
- 50-ft "pipe" or long item covered storage
- Multiple areas for parking
- Multiple fruit trees - 12 olive, 8 apple, 7 peach, 2 pear, 2 lime, 2 lemon, 1 plum, 1 Rangpur Lime, 1 apricot
- Paved path from office building to Woodland Vista Rd.
Horse Facility Features
- San Mateo County (SMCO) Stable Permit through October 26, 2021
- Boarding facilities have been used at this property for over 50 years (2 owners)
- Pastures fenced into 3 separate areas
- 4 (12-ft x 12-ft) stall breezeway barn manufactured and installed by North Coast Barns
- Rubber Interlocking Pavers in Breezeway;
- Extensive drainage system (details upon request)
- 4 (12-ft x 24-ft) attached pipe paddocks
- Horse barn has metal frame and roof with wood stalls, and electric lights and power receptacles
- Farm water spigot
- Horse wash rack
- Mare Motel with paddock - 12-ft x 12-ft.
- New Horse Paddock - 20-ft x 30-ft.
- Hay barn, manufactured and installed by North Coast Barns - approx. 1000 sq.ft. building; 18 ft high roof, extra storage room, 100-amp sub-panel
- 800 sq.ft. dedicated to hay storage; squeeze friendly
- 14 Tack lockers - covered and lockable
- Horse hitch rack
- 50-ft. round pen and pipe panel rails
- Separate open-front storage barn; 432 sq.ft.; 12-ft high roof; open on one side for storing large items
- There are trails for riding with no gates and being surrounded by open space preserves along the San Francisco Bay Area Peninsula, there are many miles of trails to explore.
- 16 miles
- 20 miles
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
60 Fernwood Dr, La Honda, San Mateo County, California