An urban French Country style farmhouse featuring an 85,000-gallon saltwater pool with gargoyle fountains and a waterfall that sets apart this unique Equestrian Estate commissioned by a legendary real estate investor. This tri-level home has been carefully carved into the slope of South Mountain with multi-level terraces constructed from materials sourced from around the world. At nearly 1500 feet above the city, it boasts expansive views of both downtown Phoenix, and the countryside of Maricopa County with South Mountain Preserve as its backyard. Experience the best of both worlds - splendid solitude, yet minutes from urban conveniences and premier dining and shopping destinations.
Watch the video tour #2
- Boasts distinctive touches throughout with soaring beamed ceilings; lavish woodwork including wainscoting, hardwood and parquet flooring, solid wood doors, and built in wood cabinetry; hand cut, hand laid stone flooring in the kitchen; elegant fireplaces in almost every major living space; floor-to-ceiling windows with 180-degree views in the main area; French Country style cabinetry in the kitchen and bathrooms; high finishes with marble and stained-glass windows in selected locations.
- Each area of the home was uniquely designed with purpose including the French country kitchen that features an “old world” style brick fireplace, custom appliances, dumbwaiter, wine bar, butler’s pantry and a light and bright breakfast nook with access to a deck; a formal dining room opens to an entertainment area with pool table, bar and soaring fireplace; an inviting and cozy library with a fireplace, rich wood bookcases and wall of windows; a private sunken theatre; and spacious and comfortable bedrooms. The master bedroom suite features a shower/sauna, and a large exercise room with a row of power operated skylights.
- The home is expertly positioned to maximize the views and natural breezes, making it cooler than the valley below, and almost always breezy which makes it feel fresh and alive.
- There are many terraces cascading down from the home to the pool area with customized stone and quartz finishes. At the pool there is a pool house, and outdoor entertainment areas.
Horse Facility Features
- There is a delightful 3-stall horse stable with “old world” charm featuring wood stalls with turn outs, and large sliding doors and barn windows to allow the flow of fresh air through the barn. A tack room, that is unique to this part of the world, is located in the bottom floor of the home in a climate-controlled environment. There is also a round pen/turn out area.
- 5.7 miles
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
11403 S 27th Dr, Phoenix, Maricopa County, Arizona