If you are looking for a custom built home like no other, then you found it. Located just a short drive East of Tombstone, this three bedroom two bath home offers the finest construction with steel framing and a site built floor that allows for the soft footing so hard to find in many homes. Cherry and Hickory wood floors boast elegance and compliment the same butcher block countertops. Look at the attached construction details and you will know you are buying a quality home. Did i mention the double bay workshop with an included car lift? Gardening, beautiful gated entry, Back deck with an outdoor grill, turf that is pet stain resistant, constant pressure water well, and more. Best part is your 36 acres backs to State Trust land to give you the security of no encroachment to the South.
Watch the video tour #2
- House Features
- For starters the house is built on a 3’-0” block stem-wall, which does the following:
- Gives the house a ‘soft floor’, which is better for your backs, knees, and feet
- Raises the house to gain better views
- Prevents any threat against a ‘sheet flow’ of water in a severe monsoon storm
- Gives ease of access to any of the homes plumbing should a problem arise
- Construction, “The Bones”:
- All steel 12 gauge 8” ‘C’ channel floor joists
- All steel 16-gauge 2x6 wall studs on the exterior, 24” O.C.
- All steel roof trusses, 3/12 roof pitch
- All steel interior wall studs
- 24 Gauge ‘R’ panel metal roof with 30-year warranty on color, 50 years on material
- All exterior walls are first sheathed with ½” OSB, attached to the studs for shear strength, then the house was wrapped with house wrap to help create a tighter envelope, with a final layer of a 5/8” fiberglass impregnated commercial grade exterior drywall (Dens glass), then coated with a synthetic stucco manufactured by Sto.
- When all these various layers are combined, it gives the house a 1-hour fire rating, the ability to arrest a 2x4 shot at 90 Mph from entering the interior, superior sound deadening qualities, basically, it met the strict criteria of the Miami-Dade hurricane codes when it was built.
- All interior walls are R-20, with the ceiling having an R-30 blown insulation, then another R-14 fiberglass batt insulation under the roof panels, reducing the amount of heat transfer into the attic, foam insulation under floors in crawl space R-13 creating an insulation rating that meets the Energy Star recommendations of Zone 3.
- Interior walls at living room to master is insulated for sound deadening and at laundry room and on the walls of the second bathroom between both bed rooms for sound deadening.
- Interior Features:
- All interior doors are solid, not hollow core doors
- Interior doors are 36” wide for ease of moving furniture in and out
- Solid wood pocket doors at master, laundry room, at guest quarters
- 9 ft ceilings through out house except at closets
- All windows are Low-E rated for energy efficiency
- Great room recessed lights are dimmable
- Exterior doors are metal doors for security and fire rating
- Great room flooring is a higher quality engineered Hickory wood flooring
- Master bedroom flooring is a higher grade engineered Cherry wood flooring
- Two Master bedroom closets are custom by California Closet Company
- Custom master bathroom double vanity with two banks of drawers and mirrors
- Trayed master bedroom ceiling
- ‘Faux’ tin ceiling in master bedroom and master bathroom
- Guest Bathroom:
- Double vanity with middle with drawers 60”
- Shower is tiled around tub
- Steel tub redone and insulated (antique off the oldest ranch in the area)
- All interior walls around bath insulated to deaden sound
- Cherry butcher block counter tops
- Over cabinet LED lighting
- Under cabinet lighting
- New induction cooktop installed 2020 (never used)
- 30” electric oven
- New microwave over oven
- Large custom pantry
- Custom Alder cabinets
- New Wine chiller
- Oversized kitchen with island and bar area that seats four
- Guest Bedrooms:
- Approximate 12 x 12 in size, with closets
- Laminate flooring
- New hot water heater in hall way
- Large linen closet in hall way
- A/C condenser fans replaced 2021
- A/C serviced July 2021
- Outside faucets are NOT on water softener (5) outside water facets around home.
- Everything is on irrigation EXCEPT area where Peach Tree is located
- Main area around house is fenced (3/4 acre?)
- West facing yard is fenced with wood fence, remainder wire field fence
- All 36 acres are field fenced, west boundary is barbed wire
- Custom gate on electric solar gate opener
- Gravel drive from road to house
- Garage and Shop:
- 30 X 40 X 12 metal shop, insulated, 2 skylights
- Storage attic area
- Ben-Pak 2 post car lift, 9,000 lb.
- 220V wired for welder and car lift
- 8 X 16 sectional garage door with Lift Master operator
- 8 X 10 sectional garage door, manually operated
- Full length (40’-0”) 0r covered parking, extends out 12’-0”
- 3/12 roof pitch
- Spannable end wall off shop on the north side for future build
- Key Features:
- Well pump is Grundfos ALL stainless-steel impeller and pump
- Pentair Pentek constant Pressure controller, for well pump water pressure
- Separate power meter on well
- Well, is 220’-0” deep, well set at 200’-0”
- Well hit water at 60’-0” and again at 180’-0”
- No doors or windows have direct western sun exposure do to building of house being turned
- Land to the south backs up to State Land for access.
- No Hoa , Deed restricted, site built homes only.
- Bonus Room off living room with a brand-new mini split. Room is approx. 425 sq. ft. in size with custom windows for the views, two sliding doors to access huge deck
- 360-degree views from back porch looking at the Chiricahua mountains to south east and Mexico to the south. The front porch views of the Dragoon mountains to the North
- House has mature Pine trees, Arizona cedars, China berry, Sweet gum, two Ga. producing peach trees.
- Open concept house for entertaining
- Wild life everywhere on property Deer, Quail, Road runners
- All land is usable, meaning none of the land goes up a side of the mountain.
- Huge Hackberry Trees on the bottom of the property at the back near wash at state land
- 12x12 metal carport in side yard for sitting and entertaining
- Outdoor kitchen on large back deck with electric and water with grill
- Two fountains on property that remains with house
- Turf Grass in the back of home that is Pet friendly no maintenance
- Back deck with rope lighting all around the bottom rails with power access at deck.
- County maintained road that is paved not dirt leading to the house.
- The 3rd lowest property taxes in the state is Cochise county
- 36.93 acres backs to State Trust land
Horse Facility Features
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
6673 Gleeson Rd, Tombstone, Cochise County, Arizona