Beautiful 63.3 acre property just south of the Hamlet of Millarville. Picturesque setting ideal for the horse enthusiast, hobby farm type, or someone desiring space for possible business activity. Great setup with open fields, treed private areas, appealing updated home and plenty of outbuildings including barns, equipment and hay storage, workshop and even office space. Home and buildings are situated at the back of the land affording privacy and a serene setting. The home has undergone significant renovations by the current owners including all new Hardwood plank flooring, new modern kitchen, updated bathrooms, metal roof and much more as well as land upgrades (approx. $300K invested). The various outbuildings (in great condition), include 2 horse barns (30x40 & 17x25) workshops (40x80 & 24x36), hay storage (42x48), equipment storage, animal shelters, and property has an outdoor 105 ft. x 210 ft. sand ring as well. Corrals and open pastures create a great setup for horses and other animals. Over 40 acres of hay pastures at front of property that produces up to $20K in gross income with current equestrian customers. Great setting, large land size, mature treed areas, wonderful buildings setup and appealing home. Good Wi Fi and cell coverage for work at home person, Millarville store within minutes, 20 min access to Ring Road, no one living in 1/4 to the west!
The price is in Canadian Dollars $1,995,000.00
Watch the video tour #1
- The Home:
- Home Tour: https://youriguide.com/224101_ab_549_millarville_ab/
- • Purchased in 2009 with the following renovations conducted since purchasing
- • The entire house has been updated with $250,000 spent
- • All new gutters on house
- • New striking lighting fixture added to main living room and all other light fixtures updated as well
- • New entrance onto front deck built
- • Back deck totally replaced
- • Patio extended from deck to garage
- • New insulated metal garage doors (replaced old wood doors)
- • Renovated mud room – new tile flooring, new cupboards.
- • Renovated mud room bathroom – totally reconfigured and all new fixtures and fittings including tile floor and larger 50 x 200 shower
- • Replaced washer and dryer
- • All new engineering hardwood flooring throughout kitchen, dining, living and front room.
- • New lighting fixtures over kitchen island and suspended chandelier.
- • Updated all flooring for three bedrooms and hallway with luxury vinyl planking.
- • New Windows throughout the house – all wood windows replaced with triple pane vinyl windows.
- • Interior and exterior Security camera system added
- • Gas fireplace with remote control.
- • Wood burning -pot-bellied stove (with custom built tiled platform and heat reflective-surround) - built to code.
- Kitchen – Total renovations – new cupboards, replaced countertops with granite, new tile backsplash, extended length of island, new cooktop, new wall oven, new fridge, new dishwasher, new microwave, new lighting
- Created new eating granite top area with seating.
- • Complete renovation of Primary and Main bathrooms with new plumbing and exhaust systems, in floor heating
- • Primary Bathroom - Tiled shower, multi faucet central control panel, full new large bath, heated floors, and new double sink vanity with full mirrors and lighting. Full walk-in closet.
- • Main Bathroom – Large walk-in shower, multi-faucet control panel, new cupboards, heated flooring installed – all new fittings, mirrors, and lighting.
- • 3 bedrooms and hallway all repainted in updated colours
- • Primary bedroom – spacious with sitting area and very large walk-in closet with organizers
- Living Room/Family room:
- • Open concept, spacious, vaulted ceilings
- • Gas fireplace updated and made into remote-operated unit
- • Wood burning fireplace was completely redone with correct safety material as per code.
- • New deck added in 2009 and patio pavers laid
- • Front deck
- • House exterior repainted in 2018
- • New Metal Roofing and insulation - 2010
- • Heating – Forced air (2 furnaces), natural gas
- The Property:
- • Beautiful 63.3 acres in Millarville
- • 2,230 sq. ft. bungalow with 2 car attached garage, 2 horse barns 10 stalls, office, shop, large storage shed with concrete floor, shop with hoist, large hay shed
- • Private setting back from highway with mature vegetation
- • Great set up for animals
- • Fenced and cross fenced
- • Entry gate
- • Large pastures at front of property totalling 40 acres
- • Plenty of mature trees
- Location Benefits:
- • 30 minutes from Calgary on paved highways to property entrance
- • Good WIFI and cell coverage for ‘work at home’ people
- • Access to new SW section of Stoney Ring Road, 20 minutes
- • 10 minutes to Turner Valley and Black Diamond, 15 minutes to Okotoks
- • Millarville General Store within minutes of the property provides post office and general goods
- • No one lives on the quarter section to the west
- • Neighbours to the east only here on weekends
- • Very quiet, private property – no history of breaks-in.
Horse Facility Features
- • All outbuildings clad in metal siding and metal roofing (your fire insurer will like that!)
- • All out-buildings fitted with eaves and down-spouts to collect rainwater and protect footings
- • Two large rainwater totes added
- Barn # 1 – 30 ft. x 40 ft. horse barn, 10 stalls 5 in each barn, one stall used as tack stall. Insulated and overhead radiant heating. On cement footings. External water hydrant close by. Small landscaping room attached. 40 ft. x 80 ft. Pole construction machine shed attached with concrete floor, 16 ft. ceiling, large overhead door. Excellent storage for equipment and machinery.
- Barn # 2 – 17 ft. x 25 ft. Insulated. Overhead radiant heating. 4 horse stalls. Each horse stall has an external run accessible from the barn with custom fencing. Wash rack, utility tack-room with bathroom, washer/dryer, large 14 x 21 sunny office. Dogs can run inside in winter with access to outside in summer. 240-volt wiring. Attached Utility and Office to Barn #2. Contains washer/dryer and small bathroom (not connected to main septic but does drain to a holding tank).
- Building # 3 - 42 ft. x 48 ft. Hay Storage with 20 ft. ceiling, 3 large horse birthing stalls.
- Building # 4. - 24 ft. x 36 ft. workshop attached to Hay Barn with concrete floors, hoist, perimeter work benches with vise, overhead radiant heater, large sliding doors.
- • Total of seven Horse Shelters on the property. Two new horse shelters added, and existing shelters painted.
- • Extensive fencing and horse waterers added all over the property including the coulees to allow management and movement of horses between pastures
- • Minimum of 20 new gates added to provide easy access from one pasture to another
- • Landscaping added everywhere – new trees planted; gardens created.
- • Fenced 105 ft. x 210 ft. sand ring with good drainage. (Imagine the indoor could be build)
- • Large sand riding ring (size?)
- • Additional fencing added to the west side of the property due to property line change which added more land to this property.
- • Added gates and fencing to front entrance.
- • 3 Large culverts added to driveway to manage occasional spring run off
- Income Producing property:
- • Two hay fields totalling 40 plus acres. Over 10 years ownership annual hay sales have ranged from low of $10,000 to high of $20,000 with average annual hay sales in the $15,000 range. Good land – good drainage … currently good hay mix. Has been reseeded and fertilized over the last 3 years. Harvested and sold as small square bales sought after by repeat customers Equestrian horse barns. With the equipment we currently own we can do everything to harvest and bale except for cutting and bale gathering/stacking
- • Additional 5-acre field which has not been seeded in hay grass but could be used for hay – currently used for forage for horses.
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
QM49+X2 Millarville, Millarville, Foothills County, Alberta