Located in the Foothills of Alberta, Canada, halfway between Calgary and Canmore, the drive to and from this property offers some of the nicest scenery in North America. It is in the Y2K corridor and offers spectacular mountain views as well as prairie ranching views.
The property itself is accessible from a dead end paved road which limits the traffic. It consist of 77.73 acres of rolling grassland and trees and is fenced and cross fenced. It has 8 separately fenced areas of various sizes to allow for rotational grazing.
The land offers beautiful views to the South and West as well as to the North and East depending on where you are.
A lot more pictures are available upon request .
Note that listed price on this site is approximated in US $. The Canadian actual asking price equivalent is CND $ 2,250,000.00
Watch the video tour #1
Watch the video tour #2
- The house consists of 3100 sqft of finished space. It has 3 bedrooms and 2 1/2 baths. It features a Tempcast Masonry fireplace which radiates heat long after the fire is out. It also has a natural gas furnace and an on demand Rinnai hot water heater.
- The basement is used only for storage and cool room.
- The barn has 5 stalls as well as an open center area. It also features a drive up ramp to the hayloft accessible from the rear of the building for square bale loading and unloading. The barn has an all season water hydrant.
- The garage has three overhead doors and can accommodate 2 full sized light trucks as well as a normal sized passenger vehicle. It has in slab heat using natural gas.
- The upstairs consists of an office plus spacious guest suite and three piece bathroom.
- There are 2 water wells, one for domestic use and one strictly for cattle.
- There is an inground 1000 gallon fresh water holding tank and the house and the garage have their own separate in ground septic tanks.
- Rolling scenic countryside offering views in many directions.
- It consists of roughly 2/3 grass and 1/3 trees and offers various meadows with open paths meandering from one clearing to the other.
- The property has grazing lands to the South and to the West and the closest neighbor is roughly 1/2 mile away. It is secluded and very private yet very accessible.
Horse Facility Features
- Features a very well built and practical barn.
- Has several paddocks with horse shelters and various separately fenced grazing areas.
- It also has a second water well and year round Ritchie waterer dedicated to the horses and cattle.
- There are many riding opportunities close by, some not requiring any trailering.
- The proximity to Banff National Park or Kananaskis Country opens up all sorts of riding possibilities.
- The video tour will bring you a listing which has many more pictures and a drone video etc.
- 39 miles
- 16 miles
- 50 miles
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
65J8+FG Ghost Lake, Ghost Lake, Bighorn No. 8 County, Alberta