Rare find! Gorgeous home, gorgeous property, beautiful horse barn, riding arenas and an amazing workshop! This distinguished equine property is nestled in the family and horse friendly Village of Caledonia. Enjoy the intoxicating fresh breeze off of Lake Michigan while you relax on the large patio with fire pit. Well-manicured lawn surrounds the house, includes your own bank jump and access to the famous Caledonia Conservancy Equine Trail system. Tack up and ride out onto the 30+ mile trail system from your own barn. Trail system is for equine enthusiasts and is dotted with cross country jumps, bridges, woods, and open fields. Minutes away from eventing trainers, dressage trainers, newly established side-saddle club and the wonderful Racine County Pony Club.
Location, location, location! This well-established property offers country living within minutes of city conveniences, both public and private available nearby, 20-minute commute to Mitchell International Airport, 1-hour train commute to Chicago. It’s perfectly located!
The possibilities for this property are numerous: residential equine enthusiasts or could be an amazing equine training facility.
- This property includes a well-built 4,250 sq. ft 2004 1-1/2 story Korndoerfer home with brick and aluminum siding, large 3.5 car garage, and custom cedar shutters. Recently remodeled kitchen with granite counter-tops, painted cabinets, newly installed gas line to service new LG 5-burner gas stove, Kitchen Aid refrigerator and dishwasher, all stainless steel, new garbage disposal. Enjoy watching your horses in their paddocks while washing dishes in the new single bowl stainless steel sink with pull-out faucet! The Master bedroom suite is on the first floor with large Jacuzzi tub, walk-in shower and his & her closets. Three bedrooms upstairs with possible 5th bedroom, nursery, home-school room or second study. Upstairs bedroom suite supports a king size bed, full bath and large walk-in closet. Two additional bedrooms share a Jack and Jill full bath with sky light and laundry chute. Both have large walk-in closets.
- Beautiful recently refinished hardwood maple floors flow from the kitchen to the family room with brick, gas fireplace (can be converted to wood burning) with large picture windows facing the 72’X160’ outdoor sand arena. Large windows encompass every room and every window has an amazing view!
- Large full guest bathroom has new granite countertop, walk-in shower and amply sized linen closet. Home has a total of 4 full baths with a commode off the laundry room for quick access from the yard or barn. Laundry room has Samsung front load washing machine, Samsung dryer both with drawers, newly painted cabinets, new granite countertop, new sink with pull-out faucet, food pantry, coat closet with terminal laundry chute.
- The executive study overlooks the outdoor arena and flanks the large tiled foyer opposite the music room, formal living room or make it a dining room.
- Work/Hobby Shop - 3840 sq. ft.
- This 60’ x 64’ fully lined, in-floor heated shop is complete with high efficiency boiler, 6+ inches of open cell insulation in walls, 12” cellulose in attic, all wiring in metal conduit, (10,000 # capacity Challenger Automotive lift model VS10 - NOT INCLUDED), over-sized exhaust fan, (3) 220V outlets, trench drain, hand sink, work bench, also excellent lighting with large windows, exhaust fan, and overhead T5 light fixtures. Electrical outlets on 3 walls. This shop was built to be highly functional. 16’ x 72’ concrete floor lean-to offers additional storage or could be converted to additional stall space. Additional outside parking added on North and East sides of the building. Plenty of room for maneuvering a goose-back trailer.
Horse Facility Features
- Custom Horse Barn
- This barn has a heated tack room complete with saddle racks and bridle hooks, (5) 12’x12’ stalls and 6th stall is 12’x16’, with rubber mats, permanent corner feeders, bar style partitions, 3 stalls exit through Dutch doors directly onto rubber matted 10’x60’ covered lean-to and all-weather paddocks, (2) 24’x88’ and (1) 40’x88’. Owners installed electrical outlets to accommodate heated buckets in the winter. Stalls fronts were recently sanded and re-varnished. 12’x12’ metal lined wash rack with hot and cold water. Full set of stairs takes you up into the 24’ x 60’ hayloft with additional storage over the tack room. A metal ceiling covers the aisle, with excellent lighting.
- Indoor Riding Arena 80’x 160’
- In 2014, owners added this fabulous indoor riding arena. T5 lighting illuminates the arena so well you could perform surgery! Lights are wired by row, so you can vary the amount of light. Stirrup guard is continuous including gates/stirrup guard over the sliding door areas as and added safety feature. Clay fill under compacted ag lime base and topped with torpedo sand, previously treated with MAG to retain moisture. 16’ of clearance allows for high level jumping without worry. Excellent eave lighting allows for plenty of natural light during the day. 4-beam post construction, bird blocks, insulation behind stirrup guards, details, details!
- Outdoor Riding Arena 72 X 160 ft
- Outdoor arena was designed and executed to allow for proper drainage. Never miss a day of riding because of rain! Arena base is clay and compacted ag lime topped off with torpedo sand, 3 board fencing.
- Horse Paddocks
- Additional large, all-weather paddock with 12’x 36’ lean-to, with two 12'x12' stalls and 12'x12' storage area with direct access to partially wooded pasture.
- Pasture and Hay Field
- Pasture was over-seeded. Grow one crop of hay, then have pasture turn out all summer.
- 5-acres of grass hay and approximately 14 acres available for additional hay ground or cash rent to local farmer.
- 5.1 miles
- 2 miles
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
7215 Botting Rd, Racine, Racine County, Wisconsin