LOOKING for your next DREAM Farm? The HISTORY & Beauty of this farm is unsurpassed! First time on the market in over 2 decades!
Travelers Rest Farm c. 1760~ is a GLORIOUS Historical Farm perfectly situated on 23 acres of lush pasture. County records indicate "George Washington (GW)"would stop and rest here on his travels between Washington and Williamsburg! The Farm is an operating Equestrian Facility, Incoming Producing (booked almost weekly) Airbnb & Wedding Venue.
Don't miss this once in a lifetime opportunity to own a piece of American History!!
- The 5600+sq ft Italian Style "Custom" Home has 3 stories (finished basement), with Beautiful harwood floors, 4 bedrooms/2 full batrooms, 4 working fireplaces, 12 ft ceilings & Original mouldings/woodwork throughout. Both of the homes have been updated whilst keeping all of the charm of yesteryear. The 'cottage' where GW stayed is currently used as an income producing AirBnb/Guest Cottage (sleeps 4-6) & overlooks the oldest Pecan tree in Central VA! This Bucolic Farm offers a spacious air conditioned workshop/detached garage, an additional haybarn, lovely fruit trees, landscaping & rolling land! Wonderful property for a wedding venue(has had many here already)Airbnb/Horse Boarding/Training facility or private Heirloom Family Farm
- LOCATION, LOCATION
- Commuters dream-ONLY 45 min to RIchmond & Fredericksburg. Centrally located for Horse shows, dining, shopping & family activities/enterntainment!
- Check back often: More pics & video coming soon.....
- The Farm is an operating 23 acre fenced Equestrian Facility with a restored 7 stall (several more could be added)/Feed/Tack/Hayloft Wood Barn/Tin roof, 3 Riding Arenas (one flatwork, one dressage & one jump field), a wood round pen w/footing, stocked (bass erc) Spring Fed Pond, outbuildings & miles of trails to hack right off the farm(of course permission req. by other farm owners). The farm features on of the oldest Pecan trees in Central VA! This Bucolic Farm offers lovely fruit trees, landscaping & rolling land! Wonderful property for a wine vineyard, or wedding venue(has had many here already), Airbnb (current use), Horse Boarding/Training facility (current use).
Horse Facility Features
- The Equestrian Facility offer a gorgeous restored 7 stall Gambrel Style Red Barn (a few more could be added) Feed/Tack/Hayloft Wood Barn/NEW Tin roof, THREE Separate Riding Arenas (one flatwork, one dressage & one jump field), a fenced wood round pen w/footing, outbuildings
- extra barn (can be finished for even more stalls, used currently as run in/storage near the pond. There are miles of trails to hack/Gallop/Hilltop right off the farm (of course permission req. by other farm owners). The Farm is used also for riding lessons & has hosted many International Dressage Clinicians. The current Happy Boarders would love to stay on with the new farm owners if offered!
- 22 miles
- 5 miles
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
4801 Newtown Rd, Saint Stephens Church, King and Queen County, Virginia