Acreage property near Smith Mountain Lake Virginia with unlimited potential. Just under 175 acres that includes fenced pasture, hay fields, three ponds and over a mile on Pigg River. Two homes are on the property, an expertly updated and expanded original 1950's cottage, plus a newly built 2013 foreman's house with a detached garage. The cottage is both relaxed and luxurious with wide plank wood floors, quartz and stainless steel counter tops, Pella windows with interior blinds, tiled showers and more. Out buildings include Morton 4 stall horse barn, 30 x 48 hay barn and 22 x 28 artist studio. Also numerous run in sheds, a riding ring, older barn and several tobacco barns.
Watch the video
- Completely updated main home is both charming and luxurious. The wrap around porch welcomes you and once inside you'll feel instantly at home with wide plank, hand scraped white oak floors with radiant heat throughout the entry level. The kitchen features stainless steel appliances, including a 5 burner professional stove and farm sink, and flows into the dining room with the original wood burning fireplace. At the other end of the kitchen is the cozy great room with a vaulted ceiling accented by the river rock fireplace and Pella casement windows that allow the sunlight in. Also on the entry level is the expansive master bedroom and bath, along with it's private sun porch for use in all seasons. Upstairs your guests can enjoy complete privacy in the 2 large bedrooms with ensuite baths. The foreman's house was built in 2013, has 3 bedrooms and 2 baths, plus a detached 2 car garage.
- Located at the base of the Blue Ridge Mountains and minutes to Smith Mountain Lake, this 175 acre property has unlimited potential. Approximately 16 acres of fenced pasture and 80 acres of hay/crop land with the balance wooded, the options are wide open. Increase the area for horses, produce more hay, trail ride, hike, fish the ponds, or kayak on the river. The original cabin is still in excellent condition and would welcome hunters or other recreational users. Perfect location for a horse lay-over facility or rescue.
Horse Facility Features
- Recently constructed Morton buildings:
- Barn with 4 stalls, feed room and tack room complete with washer/dryer, sink and bathroom.
- Artist Studio 22x28 could also be used for an office adjacent to the barn.
- Hay shed 30x48 with roll up door on one end and enclosed storage with separate entrance.
- Old barn in excellent condition.
- Fenced pastures.
- Riding ring with storage shed.
- Three run in sheds.
- 15 miles
- 15 miles
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
Listening Hill Rd, Penhook, Franklin County, Virginia