Within an hour's drive of the White House, in our nation's capital, yet deep in Virginia horse country, lies this impressive equestrian estate on 9.49 acres.
Designed and constructed by renowned John Neufeld Architects of Fairfax, Virginia, the main house is of the French provincial style in stone and stucco, and features five bedrooms, including an expansive master suite with private sitting room on the second level, four full bathrooms, one half bathroom on the main level, a formal dining room with a custom commissioned mural depicting the property in its full glory, a formal drawing room, an oak paneled study, a large gourmet kitchen with keeping room plus family room and built ins.
The large fully finished lower level is absolutely ideal for entertaining, or as a place in which to play family games such as pool and cards, with its Butler's Pantry and bar, fireplace and television area. The lower level gives out to a delightful sunken patio which accesses the backyard.
The barn is a stunning eight stall building comprising a hay loft with twin cupolas, which house ventilation fans to complement the natural airflow from the open windows at either end, a heated tack room and a laundry room.
From the barn, riders emerge to either a choice of five large, white painted fence paddocks or directly to the olympic over-size, 40M x 20M dressage arena with full with arena mirror.
Watch the video
- Exterior Features - Main House:
- French provincial house in stone and stucco
- Attached three-car garage
- Three levels including fully finished lower level
- Interior Features – Main Level:
- Double front doors to entry hall
- Formal dining room
- Formal sitting room
- Half bathroom
- Wood paneled study
- Large open plan gourmet kitchen with large center island, copious storage and high quality appliances
- Keeping room off kitchen with sliding doors to rear yard
- Living room with gas fireplace by the kitchen
- Butler’s Pantry between living room and hallway between foyer and study
- Large laundry room off kitchen, with substantial cupboards - door to three car garage
- Interior Features – Second Level:
- Master bedroom suite with large owner’s sitting room and walk in closets
- Master bathroom attached to master bedroom, with corner soaking/jetted tub, separate walk in shower and twin sinks/vanities
- Three further bedrooms, one with ensuite bathroom
- Full bathroom to serve remaining two bedrooms
- Interior Features – Lower Level:
- Large recreation/games room with TV room w/built in surround sound
- Wet bar with elegant cupboards
- Wooden plantation shutters
- Wood burning fireplace with stone surround and mantel
- Full bathroom
- Walk in closet off recreation room
- Exit to sunken patio
- Unfinished mechanical room with commercial grade furnace and ductwork, whole house water filtration and softener, new tankless whole house water heater
- 9.49 acre, level lot on Clifton Road with five three board white painted fenced paddocks.
Horse Facility Features
- Spectacular eight stall, center aisle barn
- Full length hayloft with a trio of cupolas housing vent fans
- Doors at either end of the hayloft for excellent ventilation and air flow
- Finished tack room with half bathroom and full laundry facilities
- Enclosed wash stall
- Five large paddocks, each fenced in white painted, wood three board fencing
- Full size dressage arena with arena mirror
- 3 miles
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
6501 Clifton Rd, Clifton, Fairfax County, Virginia