This Southern Colonial, with twin front balconies, is tucked to the East of a long sloping hillside. Rixeyville Road, used by Civil War soldiers on horseback, is hidden from the house by that hill, but Comcast/Xfinity has found its 21st Century way to the house!
The all new Four Stall Center Aisle Stable and Riding Ring sit atop the hill where Old Barn Road enters this community.
- The finely appointed 3 level 4/5 bedroom house, that was built with large living spaces, has been beautifully maintained and upgraded.
- The Master wing has bluestone tiled flooring in its Sitting Room, Bed Room and Bath. The suite has an atrium door out to the pool terrace for Midnight Swims around a new waterfall feature.
- Three bedrooms (skylights make all the difference!)
- & a multi-functional bath are Upstairs. The upstairs landing leads out to the Upper Balcony and its chairs for the evening sunsets.
- On the Lower Level there is a very large family room. Today it is used as an artist's studio. On that level there is also a full bath and space for a 5th bedroom for overflow guests.
- UPGRADES: New Well, New Propane Furnace, Updated Kitchen Appliances/deck, Resealed & Resurfaced pool copping/deck and new Waterfall where diving board had been.
- Newly built fancy Stable with four stalls open past the loft to the roof. Wash Stall & Tack Room have ceilings. The tack room has Stairs to the loft. Because the loft is open over the stalls, it is easy to pitch hay down without making a mess in the aisle. Fans and fly spray boxes are attached to the walls of the four stalls
- . The stable was lightly used and looks brand new!
- Next to the stable is a large jumping/dressage arena built at the same time. All the fencing is oak boards. There is a paddock attached to the stable, a large field and across the house driveway, a separate isolation field.
- The Seller conditioned her Cross Country horses through the neighborhood fields and woods.
Horse Facility Features
- See Above: New Stable w/ 4 stalls & wash stall.
- New Jumping Arena.
- Oak board fencing.
- 10 miles
- 10 miles
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
15325 Old Barn Rd, Rixeyville, Culpeper County, Virginia