The Land on which 'Feathergait Farm occupies, is part of the original "Kings Grant Land Charter. 109 5 acres with 17 paddocks which can be combined, simply by opening gates to create as few as 2 large fields that do not share fence lines. Easy conversion of various pastures for hay production. There is a strong well, additionally there is a second (Agricultural), supplying 5 double frost free waters set in fence rows and serving 11 fields and paddocks. High-tensile solar powered fencing surrounds the paddocks.
There are 50-60 acres of open land on which a riding ring or a second home could occupy. At the crest of the property there are 24 acres of planted Loblolly Pines. An outdoor wood furnace works with the duct system and water heater if desired.
Transferable government funding eligibility for cross fencing, seeding fertilizing, etc.
Property is subdividable with multiple building sites offering long-range views, with the potential of an Event Venue. Minutes to Smith Mountain Lake for leisure. This property is a must see.
This Property is a must see.
Watch the video
- Three Bedrooms
- Two full baths.
- Library/Living room.
- A family room with a fireplace with an adjoining porch for quiet evenings.
- Laundry is on the main level opposite the kitchen and close to the wonderful Sun room.
- There is a fenced yard for the family pets.
- In addition to the Heat Pump which offers Central Heating and Cooling, there is a back up Wood Furnace, which works with the duct system and water heater if preferred.
- The Lower level although unfinished is plumbed for a third bathroom.
- 109.5 Acres - Land originally part of the Kings Land Grant Charter
- 24 Acres at crest of property planted Loblolly Pines
- 50-60 Acres open Land - great for a riding Ring
- 5 Run-ins and 2 Barns
- 17 Pastures and Paddocks, which can be combined by opening gates to make larger areas.
- Riding Trails
- Stream on Property
- Property is sub dividable
- Multiple Building Sites
Horse Facility Features
- Feathergait Farm - so named for the beautiful ' Feathers' on their legs and the elegant 'gait' of the
- Gypsy Vanner Horses, currently being raised and sold on this property.
- Transferable government funding to new owners to assist with seeding , cross fencing fertilizing etc.
- 3.0 miles
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
4067-4345 Chestnut Fork Rd, Bedford, Bedford County, Virginia