24+ Acres in Southern Albemarle County just 20 minutes South of Charlottesville. Nestled in one of the most stunning valleys of Albemarle County, Virginia, Cove Lawn Farm is the oldest documented residence in the Covesville Historic District of Albemarle County. Situated among beautiful mountain views, Cove Lawn Farm was first built in 1782 with a Greek Revival expansion in 1837, plus later additions. Major restoration and upgrades were completed in 2004-2005 with meticulous respect for Virginia country heritage. Guest cottage may date to the earliest period. The 24+ Acres of this remarkable Cove Lawn Farm features an updated Main house, nearby 3 bedroom 2 bath Guest Cottage, 1 bedroom 1 bath Apartment; 10 garage spaces, 1 RV garage. Three additional separate farm buildings for equine, hay, farm equipment or storage. The guest cottage is a generous space for family members and guests, or as a home office. An exceptional opportunity!
Watch the video
- Main House
- Historical home built in 1782 with Greek Revival expansion in 1837, plus later additions with major restoration and upgrades in 2004 – 2005. Large windows for light-filled rooms that have original hardwood and pine flooring throughout.
- Fall in love with this home from the moment you walk in the front door. The wide foyer leads you into the expansive formal living room on the right or the elegant formal dining room on the left. As you continue into the house you will notice the detailed banister on the stairs and the updated powder room just off the foyer.
- The kitchen is a delightful place to cook and entertain. Soapstone countertops, Wolf gas range, large sink, breakfast bar and room for a table make this a room where everyone gathers. The fireplace in the kitchen has a very unique design that not only heats the kitchen but also the rooms above. A hallway and door off of the breakfast nook leads to the dining room and the back stairs to the sunroom.
- The cozy family room is just off the kitchen with lots of built-ins and door to the back deck which you will enjoy sitting on because of the Pergola and mountain views.
- Heading upstairs you will be delighted by the wide hallway that has a door to the roof above the front porch. Walking into the owner's suite you will be amazed by the size of the room, the gas fireplace, the door to the sunroom and the updated bathroom. The other 3 bedrooms are very large with good size closets and windows. Two of the bedrooms have direct access to the sunroom that provides relaxation throughout the seasons amidst the surrounding mountain views.
- Guest Cottage
- This may date back to early 1700's and be the original structure on the property. 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms with all appliances included. Small basement for storage.
- Garage Apartment
- 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom with open living, dining and kitchen. Lower level has laundry area and plenty of storage.
- One garage has 4 bays with one large enough for your RV or Horse Trailer. The other garage has 7 bays which are currently rented out for extra income.
- Large, older barn could be used for horses, livestock, hay or storage.
- Cove Lawn Farm features rolling pasture, with a historic Greek Revival main residence situated to enjoy the spectacular views. The land is gently rolling with two creeks running through it and surrounding mountain views. Once used as a fruit orchard, the land has been restored to pasture and provides a prime location for a beautiful farm south of Charlottesville.
Horse Facility Features
- The main barn was constructed circa 1900's and has served several purposes for farming operations including hay and grain storage. The barn consists of concrete blocks with dirt foundation, second level hay storage and metal roofing. Of the many uses it has, it would be suitable for horses or livestock. The surrounding land is gently rolling with two creeks running through it and majestic mountain views. Once used as a fruit orchard, the land has been restored to open pasture and provides a prime location for a beautiful horse farm south of Charlottesville.
- 17 miles
- 17 miles
- 1 miles
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
5576 Boaz Rd, Covesville, Albemarle County, Virginia